Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear windscreen washer doesn't work, continually blows fuse

Hi all,

A slight variation of the common "windscreen washers don't work" thread.

Neither worked, so I went and replaced the fuse. Front worked, back didn't. After trying the back one it blew the fuse again.

I tried this a couple more times and the rear blew the fuse every time...

Apart from only using my front washers and avoiding the rear all together, does anyone have any suggestions of what I can check/ fix?

No ice, live in Australia :cool:

If I remember correctly this is a fairly common problem, cured by using a higher-rated fuse. If you do a search on here you may find posts confirming that, or somebody else may know for sure.

Comment

The back wiper blowing isn't a common issue.

You could try up-rating the fuse but as this isn't a common fault I suspect something auxiliary may be at fault.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by CPDS3 View Post
        No ice, live in Australia :cool:
        You just HAD to go there! -_-
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

As there is only one pump and therefore one fuse, I'd surmise the rear pipe is blocked somewhere (maybe at the screen) - perhaps due to lack of use?

Or you may need to purge the line going to the rear screen if there is no flow - the pump overheats pretty quickly with no water.

Perhaps putting in a 15amp fuse (as mentioned in similar threads) until the flow has returned (hoping that it's enough to clear the blockage) would be the simplest option.

If you get excited, item 22 in the attached picture is the t piece where the front and rear jets separate, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get to that item.

You could unplug it and see whether you have fluid to there, to determine if the blockage is downstream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	washerjets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	360970
          Attached Files
          Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
          2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Working...
          X