Bumper paint peeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper paint peeling

gutted to learn my bumper laquer is peeling it looks awful guys i really cant think whats caused it because I drive the car like an old lady perhaps the combo of strong wind and rain then strong sunlight.

Just terrible quality on Citroens part.

I have a 2011 Airstream DStyle Diesel 1.6

Can anyone recommend what I should do ?
    How much a bumper (colormatch) would cost ?
    How to repair it myself

This seems to be a common fault on a DS3 not really good enough tbh.

Have you checked ebay for a straight swap replacement? Might be a front end damage write off that you could enquire about 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Isnt there a 7 year paint guarantee- or is it just corrosion warranty?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi I'm not sure if their is a 7 year warranty with the car.......I bought this from a second hand car dealer and not sure if this fault was noticeable at the time.

To clarify it's not front end damage it's just the "lacquer" coating on the bumper at the rear of the vehicle
        Which has started to peel, now due to water ingress and heat ect.....it's getting gradually worse surely their must be other people with DS3s who have had this problem it seems to be a common fault looking at various other feeds.

Question is how do I fix it ? I'm livid I'm even having to post this given the fact I have only had the car a
        Month.

Comment

If you have only had it a month, can you not take it back to dealer and see if there is anything they can do? Post some pics up so we can see the kind of damage you are talking about. It might help others to advise you better.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Isnt there a 7 year paint guarantee- or is it just corrosion warranty?
            Three years paint & lacquer, 12 years perforation subject to dealer inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3lad View Post

This seems to be a common fault on a DS3 not really good enough tbh.
              Have you had the car from new? I've not noticed any with peeling lacquer

Perhaps it's had a bumper repair at some time.
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Was it on the car when you bought it and you didn't notice? I'd bring it back and see what they say, can't do any harm! If you're a perfectionist a DIY job probably won't cut it, I'd just get the bumper resprayed if it was me.

Comment

I wasn't aware of this being a common issue with DS3 bumper paint, admittedly I haven't been a regular for a few months but it wasn't common before
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah never heard of that problem, maybe some one has resprayed and done a shit job

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3lad View Post
                      To clarify it's not front end damage it's just the "lacquer" coating on the bumper at the rear of the vehicle
                      Which has started to peel, now due to water ingress and heat ect.....it's getting gradually worse surely their must be other people with DS3s who have had this problem it seems to be a common fault looking at various other feeds.
                      What I meant by this.....

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                      Have you checked ebay for a straight swap replacement? Might be a front end damage write off that you could enquire about
                      ...was looking on ebay, there might be a DS3 that is being broken, that has had front end damage, leaving the rear damage free and a straight swap.
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X