Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Front Headlight Units Without Taking Off Bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Front Headlight Units Without Taking Off Bumper?

Hi all!

So I have a 64 plate DS3 and was given the new Xenon headlights (they look awesome).

About 3 months ago the car was reversed into and they sped off... this left my front bumper in a sad shape... long story short the bumper is somewhat glued on as one side kept popping off a little and any attempt to remove it may break the bumper 😰

From all the articles online about removing the headlight - it requires you to take the front bumper of completely in order to do so. My question is - can I remove both the front headlights without removing the bumper so I can install those sexy looking xenon ones?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Ugh, that sucks

No, I don't think so, if you look at the lights there is a fixing bracket that would need to be accessed and from the angle on the pictures, this is under the front bumper

DS3 - Removing Front Headlight - http://www.mediafire.com/?witg2259c65flcd

From here - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....uments-for-DS3

It's blocked at work so I can't DL to view it -_-
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Why not take the opportunity and replace yours with one from e-bay or a breakers might even get one in right colour it look long enough. OR is it really the bumper or just the clamping brackets that hold the sides of the bumper on?
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Can confirm you need to remove the front bumper to remove the headlights.

You can access the screws holding this on by removing the trim in the wheel arch and from the bolts below and above the bumper.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
        X