VTOL THP. (super fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTOL THP. (super fans)

VTOL stands for Vertical Take Off and Landing, for those who dont know.

Why is this in here i hear you ask, well i have a little problem.
    I have a shittymoto oil catch can fitted to my rear pcv outlet on my THP and it has a habit of 'blowing off' one of the pipe connections because i may have trimmed the silicon pipe slightly aggressively. But ive noticed that when it does this the telltale for me is my fans come on super early (as in its quite cold engine temps). Ive since reconnected the connections to the catch can and its all plumbed up correctly again, but the fudging fans wont calm down! No engine fault codes or nowt.

Any suggestions for a remedy?

Cheers fellaaaaas.
    Phyliss

Spreader of rumors, taker of lives, leader of men

Originally posted by SiPhyliss View Post
    VTOL stands for Vertical Take Off and Landing, for those who dont know.

Why is this in here i hear you ask, well i have a little problem.
    I have a shittymoto oil catch can fitted to my rear pcv outlet on my THP and it has a habit of 'blowing off' one of the pipe connections because i may have trimmed the silicon pipe slightly aggressively. But ive noticed that when it does this the telltale for me is my fans come on super early (as in its quite cold engine temps). Ive since reconnected the connections to the catch can and its all plumbed up correctly again, but the fudging fans wont calm down! No engine fault codes or nowt.

Any suggestions for a remedy?

Cheers fellaaaaas.
    I assume you've tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to clear any sort of cache on the ECU? If not, give that a try.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

just done this cheers.
      Phyliss

Comment

just done this cheers.
        Did it work?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

NO FIX. Bummer.
          Phyliss

Comment

There will be faults, your reader isn't showing them. The fans are on because of the stored fault.
            Even though it says no codes still press clear faults. This should work. If your OBD reader won't allow you to clear any faults because it says there is none, you'll need to introduce another fault so the OBD reader sees something. I usually pull boost sensor connector off whilst running and then reconnect it. Scan for codes and then delete.
            White on red THP
            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cheers James, tuner of house SP, first of his name, rightful king of all things boost, lord of all and the first men.

Seriously though i think this has fixed it.

Thanking you.
              Phyliss

Comment

Good good [emoji4]
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                  Good good [emoji4]
                  Any reasons why disconnecting the batter won't clear this? I'm guessing they have some form of ROM/RAM that still caches the faults? If that's the case why does a battery reset sometimes fix EML's but in cases like this it doesn't?
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I never known a battery disconnect to work on any car, thought it was just old wives tale
                    [emoji23]
                    White on red THP

Comment

James, tuner of house SP, first of his name, rightful king of all things boost, lord of all and the first men.
                      Well there's your new signature!
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                      X