Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine coolant low

Hi

I've got a 2012 petrol ds3, at the end of January after a 1 and a half hour journey I stopped at a shop and noticed white steam coming from the bonnet, got home and saw the engine coolant was under the minimum so I topped it up to max. Then today when I turned the engine on the service light came on the dash and on the screen it said the oil needed topping up, checked the oil it was in the middle of the marker so I topped it up but noticed that the coolant was under minimum again so I've topped that up again, but it was only topped up 2 months ago? I have the car serviced every year and only do about 5000 miles a year, the car is due for a service in June. Does anyone know if there could be something wrong?

Thank you in advance

Slow leak in system somewhere. Keep an eye on the level on a regular basis and if doesn't get any worse have them look at it when getting serviced.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Check and possibly replace the hose clamp on the bottom of the radiator. That's where mine was leaking.

Also pin the bonnet up and let the engine warm up, and look around for any drips or white deposits.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
      X