DS3 Heater Resistor Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Heater Resistor Replacement?

hi, wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I've had a search on the forums/net but still not 100% sure.

My fan in my car stopped working in january. You could still feel a trickle of heat coming through if you turned it up to max and likewise cold air, so I knew it wasn't the heating element that was broke. If you turned up the fan speed or switched on AC though nothing happened. I booked the car in with citroen and a day before I took it in, the fans started working again. They couldn't find anything that was wrong with it so didn't charge me and I went on my way.

Now about two weeks ago I the fans stopped working again. Booked in with the dealer and they have rang me to to say it's the heater resistor that has gone and the cost for replacement is £221.75 (parts) + £71 (diagnostic) - so in total £293. I've now had a quick look and the parts seem to be roughly £30 (ok you can get one for £115).

Has anyone had the same problem? And if so was it fixed by chaining the heater resistor? I'm thinking I could do it myself and save about £180.

Have not had this myself but there have been several threads with this and the resistor fixed it. Apparently not to hard to change.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks Cyclone, thought as much and the price seems way over the top. Going to do it myself and see what happens

Comment

Picked mine up brand new, and had to have a replacement motor within a week.

Comment

Working...
        X