Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo pssssssssh sound

Hello,

Picked up a 155 THP I few weeks back and I'm looking to add to it. I need help though.......I'm not very smart with this lol. So, pretty much I had a turbo'd car prior to collecting this thp. With that car when you were in boost and you changed gear there would be a whoosh should coming from the turbo (I assume) that i could hear from inside the car at the least, and Im missing that from the thp.

How do I get the sound back? Is it a case of the ds3 turbo being a bit to small potentially which is why I'm not hearing it? Will I get the whoosh sound when I get my ds3 mapped? Would buying a blow off adapter or recirculation valve (not sure which) do the trick?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Also loving the b roads in this, a stage 1 map should make it a rocket.

Welcome

The stock BOV is pretty quiet, should still be able to hear it on full boost though. You can look at Forge valves, pricey but good quality. I'm sure there's loads more options too.

If you are planning a remap (which will get you to 190ish, more with supporting mods), then you'll need an uprated spring in the BOV/recirc to handle the extra pressure, so it makes sense to do both together.

If you really can't hear anything now, you might have a minor boost leak, but doubt it since you say it's pretty fast. The stock pressure is around 0.6 bar. If you wanted to test with Torque Pro or similar apps.

While you're here, might want to read up on the THP engine and prepare for a walnut blast as you'll inevitably have carbon deposits on the valves, which causes issues around 20-30k miles in.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks man.

I don't think it could have a boost leak, feels like it's getting full power. I'm looking to start torque pro up anyway due to having it ready to play after a remap so I can have a check. Currently on 22k miles so I'm thinking that if I get the car dyno'd prior to the map going on then that should throw up any carbon issues.

Also, is this the forge BOV option? http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Blo...uct--1016.html

Ta

Comment

I considered getting a bov adapter for my THP but after fitting an induction kit I decided against it. It went from a barely audible whistle to a (sometimes too) loud pssshhh. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Yeah that is the one I was on about. You can get similar for a much lower price though.
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by AJD88 View Post
            Hello,

Picked up a 155 THP I few weeks back and I'm looking to add to it. I need help though.......I'm not very smart with this lol. So, pretty much I had a turbo'd car prior to collecting this thp. With that car when you were in boost and you changed gear there would be a whoosh should coming from the turbo (I assume) that i could hear from inside the car at the least, and Im missing that from the thp.

How do I get the sound back? Is it a case of the ds3 turbo being a bit to small potentially which is why I'm not hearing it? Will I get the whoosh sound when I get my ds3 mapped? Would buying a blow off adapter or recirculation valve (not sure which) do the trick?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Also loving the b roads in this, a stage 1 map should make it a rocket.
            I bought a MTC induction kit of ebay for £100 and the sound it produces is great! like you say, it gives it that ppshhhhhhh sound as the air gets sucked in and its pretty loud as well, so it sounds amazing in multi story car parks haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Seands3dsport View Post
              I bought a MTC induction kit of ebay for £100 and the sound it produces is great! like you say, it gives it that ppshhhhhhh sound as the air gets sucked in and its pretty loud as well, so it sounds amazing in multi story car parks haha!
              Pretty sure OP meant the dump noise i.e. air out, not the induction roar i.e. air in.
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
              X