Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears

Don't know if it's just me but had my old ds3 (12) diesel, and noticed when is in gear 4th for example you can press the gear stick back a fraction, like it has a little play, doesn't affect the great changing but wondered if this was the norm as my(66) plate petrol has no play.

Did the new ones get a new gearbox? I know the auto gearbox was updated to comply with EAT6, not sure about manual.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I could swear that shifting in my 2012 petrol has become a little bit looser. Feels like it doesn't spring back to neutral as quick, so crossing over diagonally can be not-so-smooth.
      I can easily fumble from 2nd to 3rd, and often do, if I try to do it too fast

Is there a way to tighten it back up? Consumables that can be replaced? Springs, bushings etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
        Don't know if it's just me but had my old ds3 (12) diesel, and noticed when is in gear 4th for example you can press the gear stick back a fraction, like it has a little play, doesn't affect the great changing but wondered if this was the norm as my(66) plate petrol has no play.
        It'll be gear linkeage, 99% of the time they're rubber/nylon bushes, and much like the rubber bushes elsewhere in the car, they perish over time. There only has to be 1/2mm of play, across the sections, and it'll feel like a wooden spoon in a large bowl of treacle.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiemunster View Post
          It'll be gear linkeage, 99% of the time they're rubber/nylon bushes, and much like the rubber bushes elsewhere in the car, they perish over time. There only has to be 1/2mm of play, across the sections, and it'll feel like a wooden spoon in a large bowl of treacle.
          Expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            Expensive?
            No, the parts are relatively cheap, it's the labour cost that'd make up the cost: it might be worth fitting a short-throw kit that I've seen some of the other users talk about on the forum, you'll get instructions with it and you'll find that the bushes/joints will be manufacturered to a better standard/greater tolerance than the the traditional rubber/nylon efforts.

Comment

The short shift kit just attaches on top of the existing linkage to change the pivot points, it doesn't replace much mechanically. May help, may not help, I'm not too sure myself, I don't know much about it.
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I plan to do a bit of work on mine in the coming months, rear brakes and general servicing. If I get brave I'll have a look at the gear linkage and let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                  May help, may not help, I'm not too sure myself, I don't know much about it.
                  Rule 1 of bullshitting - If you say anything with enough conviction, people will believe you.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                    Rule 1 of bullshitting - If you say anything with enough conviction, people will believe you.
                    Something I live by. Kinda got drilled into me from studying politics in college.
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I better break the news to my lad

Comment

Working...
                      X