Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch Repair - Recommendations

Hi,

I woke up to find a lovely set of scratches down the drivers side door of my DS3

Does anyone have any recommendations for a scratch repair service either around the Staffordshire or West Midland area?

They don't show up too well on the pic but the long one is pretty deep, then there are two more short deep ones and a faint one, they appear to be only on the door so at least its limited to one panel.

Going to clean her up tonight and investigate more.
    Attached Files

try some scuff remover first.
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Sure You Didnt Try Wiping The Dirt Off Your Car And Then Realise Your Keys Were In Your Hand ?

lol

Comment

Definitely not my keys had to put them down to grab the hand full of rocks I used!

Comment

haha! well i had a scuff on my car.. and i got some scuff remover with the safeguard and it took the mark away.

kinda similar to yours but not so long...
          sigpic.

Third time around.
          Work in Progress

Comment

Ive tried scratch removers in the past without much luck and heard that if you run your nails across it and can catch the edge it's too bad for a bit of elbow grease. The big one is right through the layers!

Comment

Gave it a clean and good news it's only on one panel bad news it's straight through to metal so going to be a paint job! Any good reviews of local body repairs will be much appreciated
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry mate, not my area (assuming that your in Hednesford, that is!)

Really feel your pain though - I'd be mightily p*ssed off if I found a scratch like that in my lovely yellow paintwork.

Some low-life keyed my Barchetta a few years ago - all along one side, with a zig-zag on the bonnet for good measure. Bastards!

The good news is that a decent bodyshop should sort you out OK.

Comment

machine polisher ?

Comment

Hope they die who ever did it!
                    sigpic.

Third time around.
                    Work in Progress

Comment

Aye, this brings back painful memories for me (http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ard-scratch%21, still haven't gotten round to getting this resolved though, not as noticeable as yours mind but pardon my language when I say, it's a fucking arse ball-ache knowing someone's done it on purpose.

People like that simply need a well timed fast and powerful jump spin whip kick to their fucking head in my opinion! :mad:

Comment

Repaired and ready for the sunshine!
                        Attached Files

Comment

How much that cost you?
                          sigpic.

Third time around.
                          Work in Progress

Comment

£90. A bargain I think.

Comment

I know a couple of places in my area who would have removed the scratch for you. I had to sort out a scratch on my MX5 when some knob head keyed mine - in fact there's a poster on here who advocated keying cars the other day but of course he thought it was funny! Glad you got it sorted.
                              Dsport 150 THP 1.6 Belle lle Blue / White - silver alloys - NO leather seats!

Comment

Working...
                              X