DS3 Diesel 1.6 e-HDI 110 Airdream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Diesel 1.6 e-HDI 110 Airdream

A newbie here, can you tell me what a 12 plate 110 e-HDI Airdream Sport won't have compared to a 14 plate when the cars were re-invented. Thanks

Welcome Mindy

Won't have the cool LED rear lights, but I like my old ones still.

Maaaayy not have full touchscreen on the satnav. Not sure on this one but the older ones had arrow button selection on the lower radio control panel. Don't know when it changed.

Has 5 less horsepower (although site owner's HDi 115 made closer to 125 with no mods).

I'll leave it to others with DSports to fill in the rest.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks Ben, the 5 extra horse power I can live with. Maybe a piper air filter will do the job. Regarding rear lights and other newer version car upgrades I wonder if the wirng loom etc may take led rear lights. ;-) I love tinkering and modding.

Comment

Hi Mindy and welcome to the club. I have the 115 e-HDi Airdream DSport and mines 13 plate. I'm not 100% what a 14 plate has that mine doesn't, but I don't have the big nav screen on mine either. It's the monochrome C orange screen. If you went for the DSport+, you get alot more toys, like folding mirrors, autowipers, leather interior, but it all depends on what your personal taste and wants are whether you go for DSport or the DSport+. What I will say is that the LED rear lights, spoiler, twin chrome pipes and the smooth, powerful, "pulls like a train" in 3rd, 4th and 5th doesn't half make you smile. Great mpg and zero roadtax are other bonuses too.

Edit: This link may give you some info about the range - and what you get with each model:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....e-to-the-range
        Last edited by Funky; 24-04-2017, 20:12.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by mindy View Post
          Thanks Ben, the 5 extra horse power I can live with. Maybe a piper air filter will do the job. Regarding rear lights and other newer version car upgrades I wonder if the wirng loom etc may take led rear lights. ;-) I love tinkering and modding.
          Yes the LED rears are a plug'n'play switch, can get them for around £300 a pair on Ebay. There's actually a set for sale for £260 right now (club only offer) but I doubt they'll be around long.
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks for the link folks, nice to know plug and play. Mine is not the + version. I have hunted around the last 2 months, and it seem evans halshaw have a monopoly on used DS3, at silly prices. I bout today from David Haytons cars a 12 plate 1.6 e-HDI D sport in metallic primer with purple floating roof. Not leather but immaculate condition. Someone has really looked after it. I paid for that too. I have viewed 14 plates that where dogs, but sales men wanting excellent conditioned prices. I viewed a car this morning near to me, Evans Halshaw Croxdale, and they put the windscreen price up £200 to £9k while I was shown a DS3 'in the back' awaiting prep. I had my say in a nice adult way across the showroom and left. I had a totally different experience when I viewed the car I bought this afternoon.

Comment

That's a bit cheeky putting the screen price up when you weren't looking!! No wonder you left, Id've done the same. When do you pick your :ds3: up then?

Comment

I went to croxdales didn't like the sales team , I drive through Stanley every day a and they have a lovely 15 reg not sure what model but has the led headlights and newer wheels for 9k thought that was a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                  I went to croxdales didn't like the sales team , I drive through Stanley every day a and they have a lovely 15 reg not sure what model but has the led headlights and newer wheels for 9k thought that was a good price.
                  Until you go to look at it, then it magically becomes 9200 while your inside inquiring about it.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I pick the car up from Penrith Friday afternoon. Just looking at threads for osram nightbreaker bulbs. Ordered new reg plates, looking at pipercross filter, chrome bling and ss exhaust, which will have to wait. Want to make the car more sporty sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                      Might be the petrol version. The grey one I looked at had both doors bent on edge, and the roof was wrapped, badly. You could see the ceasing on the corners. The alloys had plastic edge guards to hide curbed alloys. Id rather get an older car that has been looked after.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ds1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	361043

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ds2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	361044Click image for larger version

Name:	ds3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	361045

Comment

I highly recommend the diesel, I had mine nearly 2 years and I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by TomAsprey View Post
                            I highly recommend the diesel, I had mine nearly 2 years and I love it!
                            Do they really do 78mpg on average.

Comment

Originally posted by mindy View Post
                              Do they really do 78mpg on average.
                              Erm......nope! Depending on how I drive, I get between 50 and 58mpg, which I think is good. You could get more, but you will need to drive like Miss Daisy (Google her if you don't know who she is) I've had mine since July and I love it!!

Shark Grey and a diesel are great choices btw. Maybe a little biased....possibly
                              Last edited by Funky; 25-04-2017, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X