Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Sensor Fault

Hi All,

I have an intermittent issue with my parking sensor/sensors at the moment, when I start the car everything appears to be working ok and if I test the sensors they all appear to work fine, however after a short journey the far left sensor (passenger side) starts to beep continuously for a few seconds as if I’m close to an object and then it says: "Parking assistance system faulty"

I’ve just priced it up at the dealer and they quoted £150 fitted for one sensor + £48 diagnostics to determine which sensor is faulty, just curious if I could try anything before going to them? I’ve tried cleaning the sensor and there doesn’t appear to be any damage to the bumper to suggest a car park bump. As yet I haven’t had a chance to check the connections to make sure they are secure so that will be my next job.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks,

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere if it's fine when stationary.

I would check all the wires / connections. Bigfeet's file repository thread will probably have details on the best way to access the connections.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks for the response, if I were to buy and replace a sensor from say eBay etc... is it plug and play or does it need to be initialised to work with the existing sensors

Comment

Had a dead sensor in the back, dealership charged huge money for a new one and even more to fit it ( bumper had to be removed apparently). Their diagnostics also didn't identify the correct faulty sensor. Went to a breakers and got a sensor super cheap and took half an hour of swapping sensors around until I found the faulty one. Its literally two clips to remove from the middle of the diffuser and a small screwdriver to undo the clips holding the sensor into the diffuser. Just requires a little time on your back in the garage. Save your money and DIY!!

Comment

£150 for a complete set of aftermarket sensors on my DS3. Fitted by the dealer too. (At zero cost as was was a stipulation of buying the car)
          Only things was the sounder was like a small disc on the rear window, which took a while to suss out what it was

They charge the earth for repairs dont they : Con.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Definitely a DIY job at the money charged by some Stealers, sorry Dealers....
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I managed to remove the sensor I thought was at fault and gave it a quick look over, gave the contacts a quick clean and plugged it back in, seems to have cured it for now, not the end of the world if it goes wrong again but glad to know it's more of a DIY job that I first thought

Comment

Funnily enough I had a dud sensor and main dealers diagnostics also identified the wrong sensor. I managed to pick a new genuine one up of eBay for £50 and also did the process of elimination trick. Sod's law, it was the last sensor I switched!

Comment

Originally posted by Nesh View Post
                  Had a dead sensor in the back, dealership charged huge money for a new one and even more to fit it ( bumper had to be removed apparently). Their diagnostics also didn't identify the correct faulty sensor. Went to a breakers and got a sensor super cheap and took half an hour of swapping sensors around until I found the faulty one. Its literally two clips to remove from the middle of the diffuser and a small screwdriver to undo the clips holding the sensor into the diffuser. Just requires a little time on your back in the garage. Save your money and DIY!!
                  Hi,

I've got the fault just appeared on my 64 plate. How do you remove the sensor, can it be done without removing the diffuser?

Comment

How do I find out which sensor is not working on my ds3 have put ignition on and in reverse put hand up too each sensor no ticking thankd

Comment

When one of mine went, I just had to go round and swap out each one individually until I found the one that wasn't working. The four at the back are fairly easy to access but the front ones are a bit more difficult to get to. Annoyingly mine was the 6th one I tried!

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Mine are a intermittent problem some times they work then do not I will wait till not working and change 1 at a time dealer wants 255
                          00 to change 1 sensor NO thank ytu

Comment

Mine started as an intermittent fault but after a few weeks it just threw up an error as soon as I started the car. A sensor cost me about £50 online. I'd buy one and just swap each one out in turn and run it for a bit to see if the fault comes back. Might take a bit of trial and error, but would save you a couple hundred!

Comment

Working...
                            X