Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Headlight Without Removing Bumper

Hi all!

A while ago the mrs ran my 64 Plate DS3 into the bins and the front bumper clips had broken - allowing the right side to pop out from the wing every now and then.

Anyhow, I found some super strong adhesive glue type stuff just to fix it as there is no visual damage, the bumper probably can't be removed without damaging the paintwork on the bumper or the rest of the wing.

Here comes the problem - I've been given the new Xenon headlights from a buddy who deals cars but I cannot remove the bumper to exchange the old from the new. All the guides online show complete removal of the bumper which I cannot do.

My question is, can I remove and replace the entire Headlight unit without removing the bumper? I don't mind having to fiddle around for hours on end just knowing it can be done is enough for me to try.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

I replaced my headlights with the Xenons as well, really nice so you'll definitely enjoy them!

Sadly though the bumper does need to be removed as it covers up bolts which hold the headlight down and can't be accessed without removing the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh nooooo!! Gutting as the Xenons are sweet too!! Berch knows the exact process, as, like he said, he did it not too long back, so he is the man with the knowledge. Hopefully you can find a way to remove the bumper.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
      X