Paint peeling under mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint peeling under mirror

Hi, I hope I've posted this in the right place!

I've had my DS3 just over a year and recently noticed the paint is peeling under the drivers side mirror. I've no idea how it's happened but really don't want it to get any worse, or rust! I'm not too bothered about having it touched up, just want it to stop. Anyone any ideas why it's happend? I've included photos below.

Thanks, Kelsey

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	368486

If the car is still within warranty, you can try a claim on the paintwork warranty. This paint issue is caused by trapped water in the mirror arm's seal, known issue. Citroen UK is generally good at honouring these claims as long as you've stuck to the servicing schedule.

Just make sure your Citroen dealer files the claim under mechanical issue due to the trapped water and rubbing of the mirror arm, not body perforation, as the anti-perforation warranty requires additional yearly inspections at your own expense - which if you haven't done (most people don't), will void the anti-perforation claim.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I have the same issue with my car. Absoloute disgrace seems to be a common fault on the DS3 that citroen just wash thier hands of

Comment

I've just had mine painted under warranty for the same thing. My car is just over 3 years old and I had no problems having it fixed

Comment

I would say more often than not from posted treads, and this also goes for corroded wheels, that Citroen eventually step up and fix it.
          Last edited by cyclone; 02-05-2017, 06:10.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hi guys I am having the same problem. Apparently awaiting confirmation from Citroen to have the bubbling to both doors and wing mirror fixed. Mines is 2 years old. Apparently the paint shop said the bubbling under the mirror is common due to the fact instead of two bolts they are on with 1. Hopefully in this week. Also check your allows as this is also a problem with bubbling in the centre. Getting my 4 new alloys under warranty on Tuesday

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me and giving advise on this. It's a real shame that this seems to be such a common thing. I'm going to get in touch with Citroen asap as I'm worried about it getting worse.

My only concern, after reading in to this more, is that a lot of the cars showing the issue are a lot newer than mine. I purchased mine used a just over a year ago but it's actually 6 years old. Will this make it harder to get Citroen to deal with it? My other concern, which I'm sure is a silly one, is about the paint match as I'm aware the Botticelli Blue was discontinued a while ago.

Is it Citroen I need to contact or the dealership I bought the car from?

Thanks again!

Comment

I would start at the dealer. When run into problems then go to Citroen. Social media sites from Citroen could also be used to complain when running into roadblocks.
                Paint matching should not be a problem.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Does anyone know how much the paint peeling under the wing mirror would cost to repair? Started to happen on my 14 plate and its starting to annoy me every time I see it. Someone told me they would have to re spary the whole door and front wing so it all blends in and looks the same. It sounds like it could be expensive and advice would be much appreciated

Comment

Did you have the anti-perforation paintwork check done at 4 years? If you did, then you can get your DS3 back to the dealers to have it done under warranty. I'm guessing though, you probably didn't, as Citroën /DS do not remind about any owners about this check, which then means they don't need to fix any paintwork issues at their expense.

You shouldn't need the front wing respraying, but the whole of the door will need to be done, to ensure all the rust bubbles and flaking are treated and fixed on the door and to make sure the whole door is the same colour when resprayed. I'm not too sure on the cost. I think BeefMasta may've had his done at some point, so he may know more about the how much it is.
                    ​​​​​​
                    ​​​​​​​Shop around to get several quotes, or if you have protected no claims, maybe see if its a better option going through your insurance.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I am also unfortunately having this problem brought the car last March and it turned 3 in July (2016 Elegance PureTech) it's really stressing me out :-( don't know what to do - can't get a response from DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelsea Jade View Post
                        I am also unfortunately having this problem brought the car last March and it turned 3 in July (2016 Elegance PureTech) it's really stressing me out :-( don't know what to do - can't get a response from DS.
                        Have you checked out the perforation warranty in your handbook/ service manual

Think its all detailed in there
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Kelsey,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the paint peeling under your DS3's driver-side mirror. While it's unfortunate, it's not uncommon for paint issues to arise over time due to various factors like environmental conditions or manufacturing defects. To prevent further damage and potential rusting, it might be a good idea to have it inspected by a https://perfectionpaintingpros.com/ or reach out to your dealership for guidance on how to address it. Hopefully, they can provide some insight into why it's happening and offer a solution to stop it from worsening.

Comment

Working...
                          X