X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP engine falters when pulling away/changing up

Hi,
    I recently purchased a new DS3 165 THP.
    The car’s ok, except the engine falters when pulling away at normal revs and changing up.
    The ensuing hesitation makes the car (and passengers) jolt forward, and uncomfortable to drive.
    The engine also coughs and jolts if you blip the throttle at idle.
    At 400 miles I took the car to my local Citroen dealer to check out the problem (curiously, the orange service light was on 24 hours a day).
    The dealers said that in their opinion there was nothing wrong with the car as no error codes were present.
    They also said “the engine knows when the car isn’t moving and reduces the delivery of petrol, which causes the engine to hiccup if revved from idle”.
    Is it me or do they see you coming?
    Why would a dealer not want to acknowledge a problem with a brand new car - wouldn’t Citroen be picking up the tab?
    Anyway, if I can’t get the dealer to fix the problem, does anyone know of an independent in the south-east who may be able to help?
    Thanks

Try another dealer. Just because no error codes doesn't mean there is nothing wrong, because that stuff with your car is not right. No ifs ands or buts.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There was a topic recently on garage technicians only believing what their computer tells them, in spite of the physical evidence in front of them.

Suggest that they test the HPFP for signs of failure and death. I would also say valve carbonisation, but if it's brand new then it won't have any.

This definitely shouldn't be happening in a brand new 165. If it was an old 150 with 40k plus miles it'd make more sense.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Saunders View Post
        Hi,
        Anyway, if I can’t get the dealer to fix the problem, does anyone know of an independent in the south-east who may be able to help?
        Thanks
        Not sure who you used initially but I used to use Tates in Crawley and they were always v helpful, no issues at all. Good luck
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all, I'll try Tates in Crawley.

Comment

When I owned mine the tech guy at TATES was called Tim, he's v helpful
            sigpic

Comment

Could be a fuelling issue, (HPFP, blockage) or even electrical (Plugs, leads, injectors, ECU needs updating)

Probably the age old problem of everything coked up, unless it brand spanking new. How many miles?
              What fuel
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Probably the age old problem of everything coked up, unless it brand spanking new. How many miles?
                Originally posted by Paul Saunders View Post
                At 400 miles I took the car to my local Citroen dealer to check out the problem
                I thought the same until I saw this was a new car just out of the dealership. Agree with your diagnosis of pump or electrics.
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                X