Glove Box Possibly Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove Box Possibly Broken

Hi! I'm going to cut to the chase here and not go into detail but basically my glove box is rattling when I drive (coped with it for nearly 2 years), recently I've been searching stuff on the internet and I'm 90% sure my glove box is broken somehow. I've read that the glove box should slowly open up but mine just drops and there's the obvious rattling. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

The glove box always rattles on the ds3.
    Also mind definitely doesn't open slowly never has .

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine never has opened slowly either. Regarding the rattle, I don't have a rattle in mine, but do recall a few possible fixes being discussed from time to time, a search should bring up a few things to try.

Comment

Yeah mine has never opened slowly either. Try a little sticky tab in each corner of the drawer. That makes it a little more flush and stops the rattling.
        Last edited by Funky; 12-05-2017, 06:33.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Mine used to rattle (never opened slowly either), so I followed WTF's tip and placed a folded microfibre against the left hand side (flat panel parts) so that when the box was shut the cloth is held against the dash part. Worked for me

Does the centre arm rest squeak as well Fixed that with WD-40 at least twice in the the three years I had the second DS3.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            So I followed WTF's tip and placed a folded microfibre against the left hand side (flat panel parts) so that when the box was shut the cloth is held against the dash part. Worked for me .
            Oooo good idea!

Comment

As above, mine just clunks open. It's common for the rubber bung to fall out from either or both corners though.

Funky's idea is a good shout, re the rubber stops you can buy - even the felt strips you can buy for furniture.

Or my cloth trick
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

If I hear a rattle I drive faster until the engine noise drowns it out!

Hope you get it sorted soon!
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Jez, second that. Doing the cloth thing right now.
                  And for the armrest, use some vaseline instead of wd40. Plastic doesn't play well with wd40 and fades. Vasiline will keep it from squaking for years...

Comment

I couldn't get vaseline into the deep hinge parts Probably should've stated that I immediately wiped up the tiny amount of overspray of WD-40 and never had any issues with fading on the dark grey trim.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, fellas. I bought some of these rubber stick on button things. stuck one at boths sides and one in the middle and its fine now. Although, I have noticed more rattling but its somewhere else (i think within the dashboard) lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kierands3 View Post
                        Although, I have noticed more rattling but its somewhere else (i think within the dashboard) lol.
                        Welcome to life with a DS3!
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Cars rattle. Unless you have a Bentley, but even then something might come loose. My number one solution for rattles is extremely loud heavy metal
                          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                          Join the Facebook Group!
                          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I silenced mine with felt floor protectors. Something like these except £1 from Wilkos:
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Rug-Pads/...Set/B016KGE5JY

Just kept adding them everywhere until it shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by Kierands3 View Post
                              Thanks, fellas. I bought some of these rubber stick on button things. stuck one at boths sides and one in the middle and its fine now.
                              Nice one - glad it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X