Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessory belt drive tensioner. 115 e-HDi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessory belt drive tensioner. 115 e-HDi.

So after fitting new front discs and pads and new rear brake pads, I went for a quick test drive.......upon returning I noticed an unusual noise from the engine. Found that my accessory drive belt tensioning roller was buggered which has led to my belt unravelling itself and filling the alternator with strands of fibre. One of the belt 'ribs' had completely disappeared.

Apparently it can, in extreme circumstances,(a VW golf was mentioned) wrap around the crank shaft pulley, jamming it, which then throws the timing out and ruins your engine.

Might be worth a quick look next time you have the bonnet up. It's easy to see on the LHS of the engine as you look at it. A search on here did reveal some other instances where the belt/tensioner have failed. Mine was at 39,000miles.

£60 for a belt and tensioner online.

Sounds like you got off light, glad you've got it hand
    sigpic

Comment

Well spotted

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will take a look tomorrow!
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Belt was almost at it's end when replaced at 65k on a THP. Might have been the years tho, it's 7 years old now. Tensioner is still in good shape...

Comment

Working...
          X