Engine fault repair needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fault repair needed?

Hi all have just bought a ds3 2012 Dsport plus 1.6 hdi to car share with my daughter while she is learning,
    and only had a couple of weeks and have just had beep and the above warning on the dashboard display.
    Also the service light is on all time yet the car is running perfect except the stop start doesn't work now either, so I'm a bit confused and wondering if anyone else has had this same fault, this is just my luck have bought car privately with no warranty and it has only done 38k, so any help would be appreciated thanks...

There's a whole host of reasons why the start/stop will deactivate itself, doesn't necessarily mean that anything is broken - however, in the context of the fault, get it to a garage so they can plug in a diagnostics tool and read the exact fault code and cause (unless you have a code reader yourself). The service light constantly on is better than the warning light constantly on, but you should follow the prompts and get it in for a checkup ASAP and avoid driving in the meantime.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Stupots View Post
      Hi all have just bought a ds3 2012 Dsport plus 1.6 hdi to car share with my daughter while she is learning,
      and only had a couple of weeks and have just had beep and the above warning on the dashboard display.
      Also the service light is on all time yet the car is running perfect except the stop start doesn't work now either, so I'm a bit confused and wondering if anyone else has had this same fault, this is just my luck have bought car privately with no warranty and it has only done 38k, so any help would be appreciated thanks...

Welcome

Do you take it out for lots of short drives?

Service light - do you know when the last service was? CHecked all the levels for the car to make sure it's not one of those that needs topping up?

The Stop start will only work if there is enough juice stored in the battery, so any short distances covered might mean it hasn't got enough energy stored, plus if you have air con on etc it will impact what is needed to be kept running and take that energy away which means it might not kick in.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

By "service light" I assume you mean the orange "service" on the dash, not the spanner icon? If it's flashing it's something relatively minor, a few examples of which are given in the handbook. If it's steady there should be a message indicating the fault on the display in the middle of the dash. (If it's the spanner, it's either due for a service or the service indicator wasn't reset at the last service.)

Comment

Hi I have plugged in a diagnostic tool but no fault codes stored on ecu so haven't got a clue but runs sweet, so don't know what to do as if I book in at Citroen the first thing they will do is plug it in????
          Last edited by Stupots; 05-06-2017, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupots View Post
            Hi I have plugged in a diagnostic tool but no fault codes stored on ecu so haven't got a clue but runs sweet, so don't know what to do as if I book in at Citroen the first thing they will do is plug it in????
            Yes that is what they will do however their manufactures diagnostic tool will pick up codes that a normal one can't. Not to say there are any.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X