Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Recall Question

Hello all,

I recently started to have a problem with my DS3 overheating, or so I thought, and went to Halfords in a mad panic to buy antifreeze and also bought oil as the oil warning message kept coming up. After this not doing anything and the car still overhearing I came to this website to see what the problem was. I came across a thread which mentioned there was a recall on certain cars about a temperature gauge sensor. Just rang up a Citroen dealer and they confirmed that my car was recalled and I've booked in with them for next week.

Problem is that my other half uses the car daily and today she says that the battery light shown and she couldn't start the car. I'm guessing that this is because the fans stay on after the car turns off because it thinks the engine is overheating.

I'll get to the question, should Citroen offer some sort of courtesy car as if we continue to use the car it will cause more problems throughout the week?

Sorry for the long story but thought you should know all the info
    Thanks all

The check (and possible replacement) takes 2 hours max, I opted to skip the vehicle health check as I'd just had mine serviced and just about crammed it into a 1 hr lunch break. Would have been quicker if the guys out front on the service desk weren't so slow.

If you can do similar, you'll get away without a courtesy car. If there's any way your partner can commute by other transport or hitch a lift while it's playing up, even better.

Best way to find out: phone the dealer you've booked with, explain the situation, and see what they are willing to offer.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
    X