Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TPMS disabled by dealer but re-enabled itself after disconnecting battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS disabled by dealer but re-enabled itself after disconnecting battery?

My car has had problems with the TPMS since I brought so as it wasn't legally bound to have it as my car was registered before 1.11.14 I asked the dealer to disable it, which they did.

No problems whatsoever until I disconnected the battery and no it's reappeared with it's old faults!!! How is this possible? Does the ECU completely reset itself after disconnecting the battery?

Can ask why you would want it disabled .
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Originally posted by peter m View Post
      Can ask why you would want it disabled .
      It has proved nothing more than problematic.

My car was manufactured just before the new legislation came in to effect so I think it was a bolt on as it was not listed anywhere in the manual. It keeps throwing up faults of which the dealer can't seem to rectify, now the reinitialisation menu is completely missing and any error on the system will now fail a MOT. Yes it's under warranty until October but I've never needed to be told when I've had a puncture before so don't need it now really.

Less things to go wrong the better

Comment

Fair point . Haven't had any problems with mine picked up in had a slow puncture due a small nail in rear tyre.
        DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

Originally posted by nofuse View Post
          It keeps throwing up faults of which the dealer can't seem to rectify
          The solution to this problem is to get it repaired at a different dealer.

Disabling the system because your chosen dealer can't fix it, even though it's still within warranty, doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
          X