Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1339 Error code

Hi,

My wife's car has a persistent P1339 error code. It started last week, the car was juddering and sounded like it had a misfire, so my mechanic cleared the error and said it needed a new coil pack for cylinder 3 which he fitted for me. The car was then fine for 2 days, but yesterday same thing happened. I took it to local my local auto shop and they tested it and its got the same error message along with error code 353 ignition coil fault. The car drives fine when cold, I took it for a drive this morning and was fine until I turned engine off and back on again and its started mis firing again. The fan also stays on and the MPG computer says 999 and does't change when I accelerate. Has anybody else had issues such as this (the engine is the 1.6 petrol but not THP)

I can get the car back to the mechanic on Wednesday, but my wife needs it for work on Tuesday, (but only for a short journey) so hopefully it will be fine for that.

Thanks

Has the valve timing gone out, causing the misfires? From the rest of the issues though, sounds like an electrical fault somewhere. Check the charge level on the battery, when it's on its way out it can cause all kids of weird and inexplicable issues that you wouldn't associate with the battery normally.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Apart from error code 353, rest of Your problems are exactly same when I had problems with my wife's C4 Picasso. Take a look in this thread:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....588#post235588

In my case most likely spark plug was a problem, after changing it all the problems gone and haven't seen any errors ever since.

Comment

New coil pack and sparks solved my P1339 problem. Sparks should be changed at ~40k service and hadn't been (thanks to the dealership).

Comment

Any updates on this one? Hope it's better!
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
          X