electricity problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electricity problem

i've just bought a citroen ds3 which is zero worked. because we do not have a official agency here, i haven't access to garranty. i have a problem with this car and i wish somebody help me to fix it. when i want to open the door with remote, no action it take and every time i have to use the key which able to open just driver door, it means central lock is not working that time. as soon as i open the switch before starting, central lock start to work and mirror also will open. for starting i do not have problem, it means battery is in sound condition. but setting of monitor, such as date and time, returns to default factory and flashing. meanwhile when i return to parking after long time driving, car doors locks by remote, and also after turning of the car for short period of time, when i try open the car by key, everything is normal. anybody has experieced like me?

I can think of a couple of possible reasons.

1. The distance and angle between you and the car can have an effect on the key working. Or, more likely,

2. The key battery is dodgy and needs changing. I'm not sure, but while the car is running it may be charging the key, so it has a little battery left to lock the car and unlock it after a short time. However, if you leave it overnight, the battery drains in the key and it doesn't work again.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

No, battery in key is of the alkaline type so it does not recharge.

Comment

put a side key with remote, my question is if you use spared key which has not remote, as soon as turn the key, central lock should open both doors, am i right? my car not

Comment

But the car battery? We have all seen the posts about the very weird stuff a car battery that is going bad can cause as it is screwing with the BSI. Just because a car will start doesn't mean the battery is fine.
          Last edited by cyclone; 04-06-2017, 10:49.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

i'll check
            thanks

Comment

i changed the battery, but the problem still remain.
              i think it must be an option, somthing like eco mode to save the battery power, because as soon as i open the swich, everything will be normal, even before starting the engine

Comment

There are some options via the display (menu button on the radio unit) that might resolve this, grab the manual have a read and then explore the options under the menu button
                sigpic

Comment

Sounds like to me that the "shunt"fuse is in the wrong spot and your car is in "transport" mode.

When this happens you can lock the doors after the engine has been running but after about 20 minutes the remote will stop working, plus the dashboard will reset back to default.

Have a look at this;

The "shunt" fuse is the large one in grey which is NOT numbered, normally with "HS" written on top. Note which position it is in and then pull it out and move into the other position.

Hopefully that should be it.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    Sounds like to me that the "shunt"fuse is in the wrong spot and your car is in "transport" mode.

When this happens you can lock the doors after the engine has been running but after about 20 minutes the remote will stop working, plus the dashboard will reset back to default.

Have a look at this;

The "shunt" fuse is the large one in grey which is NOT numbered, normally with "HS" written on top. Note which position it is in and then pull it out and move into the other position.

thabks
                    i'll check and inform you and the forrum members

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post

Have a look at this;

I have to thank you for solving or getting the problem solved that I and probably numerous other ds3 owners who may face such a problem.
                      there are three slats for one fuse which needs two slats, right side is written: user, and the left side is written: park. unfortunatly gray fuse labled HS was located on park side, according your guidline i removed the fuse and put on USER side, so everything got in sound and operating condition.
                      Again thanks for your help and don't go anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

Great news, thanks to our friendly neighbourhood Bigfeet!
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Happy to help
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

10 points to the Lord of Bacon!!
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Wow, blue Peter badge award right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X