Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citroen DS3 Blow off sound on cold engine start up only??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen DS3 Blow off sound on cold engine start up only??

Hi there, DS3 owners I am a recent new owner of a 2011 Citroen DS3 THP 150 Dsport it has had few mods plus a remap, one thing that seems to bug me a lot and was wondering if someone could share some light is that every time I start the engine (on a cold start)
    for some reason the forge blow of valve adaptor comes on blowing and then goes away, it does not do this when the engine is warmed up or after I have driven for a little while parked up for a few hours too, only on a cold engine start for example over night
    I understand that the engine is working harder to recirculate all fluids on a cold start etc but please forgive my noob knowledge I am not a technical engine guy, I just really enjoy driving, I have uploaded a link to a quick video demonstrating what I am rambling on about any info would be greatly appreciated and cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/145t1b0wdb...13731.mp4?dl=0

It's just part of the cat warm up process, perfectly normal, just more audible with blow off valve or intake fitted
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi there Jamie, I really appreciate your message glad to hear it is not an issue or anything, what is quite weird is I started up the DS3 early on today from leaving it over night and it did not do it??? Anyway I have been reading other forum members for remaps done by yourself
      and was wondering if I could get some expertise input from your end, I recently had a remap and a cobra exhaust system done by AMD tuning (last week Thursday) and was quite disappointed with the output, before having the car remapped it was already equipped
      with a forge blow off valve (adaptor) and a forge induction kit as you can see from the video, and I was under the impression that after there remap I should see results of at least 190BHP that is what is up on their website at least, I dropped the car off early in the
      morning and did not pick it up until around 5.30pm when they called me and said my car was down on power and found out the diverter valve was loose so they rectified it and gave me my results, standard it produced 148 BHP and with the AMD remap plus
      exhaust system I ended up with a figure of 171.1 BHP and around 211 torque still far off their figure of 190 BHP and 300 torque, I was then told that I needed to drive the car for a few days so the ECU can adjust etc and come back to do another dyno run the gentleman
      over the desk said I should be seeing 180+ BHP which I would of been quite content with anyway, I spoke with them today saying that I have filled up a full tank of 98 I octane fuel I believe or Shell V-Power, and now another gentleman has told me I have to drive the car with two tanks worth before the ECU
      can readjust again before going onto their dyno run, it seems I am getting the run around here and as you know these mods and fuel is fairly expensive, I would like to get your thoughts maybe I am over thinking it or should I give them the benefit of the doubt?
      and I have only just discovered SPTuning today I wish I drove extra and just came up to you guys since you are more into the Ds3's out there......I do not know what to make of everything any more any input would hugely be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Sham View Post
        I spoke with them today saying that I have filled up a full tank of 98 I octane fuel I believe or Shell V-Power, and now another gentleman has told me I have to drive the car with two tanks worth before the ECU
        can readjust again before going onto their dyno run, it seems I am getting the run around here and as you know these mods and fuel is fairly expensive,
        Food for thought. If they are going to adjust the map to get more power by running 98+ octane then that is what you are going to have to use from then on to get that. If saving money is more important they why do anything at all? In a kitschy little phrase - Got to pay to play.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for the post cyclone I completely understand what your saying and I totally agree, however what I would like to know are other Ds3 owners getting that sort of power (190BHP+) just by running regular fuel I mean I see other Ds3's on youtube with almost if anything the same level
          of tune as me and they are getting allegedly around 200BHP I am not expecting this amount of power but more or less close to what is advertised? and wouldn't it make sense for tuners to say you could get this kind of power by using 98+ fuel instead of what I think is INMHO false advertisement?
          also is what AMD tuning telling me about ECU adjustments true, I have heard of forum members saying it is not true that once a map had been set it has been set and does not relearn or adjust anything else?

Comment

Given the big discrepancy in the torque figures between claimed and the actual numbers, maybe one figure is lb/ft and the other is in nm?

Also, as it's a 2011 car, there is probably a fair bit of carbon build up on the intake valves, which has a lot of power killing potential. Might be worth a trip to see Jamie, if you are in the UK.

Comment

Working...
            X