Loud Bang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Bang?

Morning, went to bring my DS3 to the body shop this morning and I heard a really loud bang and now when going over speed ramps its sounds like somethings loose in the RHS Wheel Arch? I took a quick glance and the spring etc looks intact? Anyone any ideas what it could be? I've it booked into the dealership on Wednesday cos it'll be getting painted until then, also hoping that if there is something wrong that the Citroen extended warranty covers it.

RHS front wheel arch* if that makes any difference.

Comment

The springs tend to go right at the top or right at the bottom, so you may not be able to see it from looking in the arch.

If it goes away it might just be a stone that got lodged violently (best case scenario).

If you can take the wheel off you can get a better look around too see anything broken or out of place.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Aye from looking in all looks ok but it was the same story with my mums C4 till it broke in half. Sorry if this sounds stupid but are springs covered under warranty? It's only 3 years old! Its in the body shop now until Wednesday so I can't check it till then.

Can't see it being a stone as I drove it back from being looked at last Monday and all was ok and it hasn't budged since.

Comment

I have no idea when it comes to warranty. Never owned a new car before!
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Springs won't be covered.
            Mine went a couple of months ago

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates Shauna?
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

No haven't heard a thing, the cars in the garage this morning. I've written a letter of complaint to my finance company as the car is just problem after problem, fed up at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by mikeandsazzle View Post
                  Springs won't be covered.
                  Mine went a couple of months ago

Steering and Suspension
                  Manual and power steering units, suspension drag links, track rods/ends, transmission
                  shafts, shock absorbers, road springs, wishbones, swivel joints, mountings, sub-frames and
                  wheel bearings are covered for failure due to: Wear, seizure, leakage and insecurity

Why were your springs not covered? I got that from the extended warranty documents?

Comment

Mine was out of warranty but they told me it was wear and tear Anyway if it was still in warranty I would have fought it

Comment

Mine was out of warranty but they told me it was wear and tear Anyway if it was still in warranty I would have fought it

Ah I see, I took out extended warranty in Jan so mine should be covered hopefully!

Comment

I ended up fitting mine myself
                        Not the easiest of jobs.

Comment

I ended up fitting mine myself
                          Not the easiest of jobs.

My boyfriends a mechanic as is my brother so if warranty hadn't covered it, I would have been fine anyway. Garage called and sent me a video and as suspected it is the spring. My back pads have seized into the calipers too, car only ever lies up on a Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X