1.6 hdi 2011 ds 3 engine murdering only when idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 hdi 2011 ds 3 engine murdering only when idling

My wife's ds3 has had injectors replaced since then the engine and car shudders,shakes when stopped and idling
    Been to garage they have checked and can't find any problems recorded on file
    It now has flashed up warning filter damage only for a couple of seconds then goes off again plugged into computer no issues found other than murdering car drives perfectly anyone got any ideas.

DPF clogged?
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sorry should say juddering not murdering

Comment

Was the fault inspection performed by a Citroen dealer or an independent ? If the latter you might have more luck getting Citroen to look at it...

Other than that, like cyclone I'd suspect a DPF clean is required, unless your wife drives long journeys regularly ?
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that it was done by an independent garage what is the best way to do a dpf clean

Comment

From memory the manual might have steps as to how to force a clean cycle. It's something to do with 60mph, third gear over a longish distance to force the cleaning cycle...

Google if necessary.....

I had a 1.6 EHDi for three years and did lots of miles so never had any issues - good luck
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X