Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particle Filter Level Too Low - Repair needed

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else had the above message come up on their DS3? I've got a 2011 that has done a lot of miles but this is normally long runs on motorways but today I've had this message come up.

Any advice and help on how I can top up the additive would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by Stedders; 08-06-2017, 09:44.

I think I remember someone saying the top up cap is under the boot lining, but not certain.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
      I think I remember someone saying the top up cap is under the boot lining, but not certain.
      Believe that one is for the AddBlue. In a 2011 I think is just the Eloys fluid that is refilled from under the car.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As cyclone said

Is it serviced by an independent who may have missed this ?
        sigpic

Comment

Yes it is serviced by an independent. Unfortunately they had a hip replacement yesterday so I can't take it to them today! Any way I can top it up myself and avoid having to go to a Citroen dealer? What would I need to top it up with?

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          As cyclone said

Is it serviced by an independent who may have missed this ?

Comment

Have had a quote from the main dealer that I need a new Eolys bag which is going to set me back £300.

Does anyone know what damage it could do if I keep driving with it for a few days?

Comment

Sadly, even if you do manage to fill it up yourself, the fluid counter needs to be reset with the diagnostics tool, so you will need an independent that has this as well.

A few days is ok...leading to a few weeks and eventually a new, very expensive particle filter. Try to get it done as soon as possible.
              Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
              2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

http://www.eurocarcare.net/oil-and-f...ate-pouch.html

Cheaper here but you'd still need to find someone who can reset any ECU flags etc
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X