Code P0087 - Fuel/Rail Pressure too low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code P0087 - Fuel/Rail Pressure too low

Running my 62 plate DS3 1.6 THP and I keep getting the (all too familiar) engine management light and limp mode. Scanned the car and it's complaining about fuel pressure and multiple misfires on cylinders, due to the fuel pressure I guess. I'm aware that this may mean that the HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump) needs replacing. However is there anything I can try first before buying a still £400ish part from Mini? Thanks in advance to any replies!

Sidenote: car always goes into safety mode when cold, when warmed up, I can restart the engine and ease it into full throttle and max boost pressure (careful not to let it splutter too much) after which I happily get the nice tug torque that this engine is capable of.

I mean you could check and clean the intake valves but this sounds like HPFP death, so replacement urgently needed.

If you can avoid driving it in the meantime that will prevent further damage from the misfires.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

You can buy my used (DS3R 25.000 kms on it) one for 100e + postal fees from Finland
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Dose it missfire if it's dose it's the pump had the same on mine was puzzling me for ages and it was the hpfp

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Code P0087 - Fuel/Rail Pressure too low

Get a new pump....pronto!
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cheers for all the advice, here's another 500 into the money pit *cries*

Comment

Originally posted by Norbs View Post
              Cheers for all the advice, here's another 500 into the money pit *cries*
              See above, there was an offer of one for €100
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
              X