Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discs and pads all round

2011 (61) 1.6 HDi 110bhp

Looking to change front and back discs and pads. Any recommendations? Only do about 8-10k a year and don't really drive like a nutter so don't need anything to special.

sigpic
    2011 (61) 1.6 HDi DSport 110bhp

EuroCarParts has decent stuff for very cheap. All you need is an OEM level replacement by the sounds of it, but official prices are much higher than third party approved parts.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I decided to sell my eHDi when, due to moving and closeness to work, my annual mileage dropped from 24k to only 10-12k... No problems with the DPF on those shorter journeys ?
      Last edited by lfcrule1972; 14-07-2017, 06:50.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
        EuroCarParts has decent stuff for very cheap. All you need is an OEM level replacement by the sounds of it, but official prices are much higher than third party approved parts.
        Yeah they seem ok. Shows up as a 2 different sizes for the car

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          I decided to sell my eHDi when, due to moving and closeness to work) my annual mileage dropped from 24k to only 10-12k... No problems with the DPF on those shorter journeys ?
          Ok mate thanks. Just had the usual pep talk from a chap on the FB page about the DPF getting blocked as I don't do enough miles.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mattyharman View Post
            Ok mate thanks. Just had the usual pep talk from a chap on the FB page about the DPF getting blocked as I don't do enough miles.
            Not seen that myself but I dare say its the usual rubbish.

I do less than 2,500 miles a year in my company diesel and I have NEVER had a blockage. Make sure the car gets at least one 10 minute run a month and you'll be fine, and DON'T stick in any rubbish supermarket fuel. Go with the major supplier so you get consistency with the fuel grade, which also helps to prevents "diesel waxing".

The biggest tip? ALWAYS LET THE GLOWS LIGHTS GO OUT BEFORE STARTING THE CAR!!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              Not seen that myself but I dare say its the usual rubbish.

I do less than 2,500 miles a year in my company diesel and I have NEVER had a blockage. Make sure the car gets at least one 10 minute run a month and you'll be fine, and DON'T stick in any rubbish supermarket fuel. Go with the major supplier so you get consistency with the fuel grade, which also helps to prevents "diesel waxing".

The biggest tip? ALWAYS LET THE GLOWS LIGHTS GO OUT BEFORE STARTING THE CAR!!
              The wife's uses it for work 3 times a week and it's about a 15mile round trip. It will get used on weekends for longer trips. Taking it to do a good 600-650 mile this weekend as traveling down south.

sigpic

Comment

All you need to do is make sure you do a decent burn on a motorway once a week and it will keep the DPF clear. I do a fair few short journeys, but by taking it down the M6 once a week keeps the regeneration cycle ticking over. That's what I've found anyway
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                  All you need to do is make sure you do a decent burn on a motorway once a week and it will keep the DPF clear. I do a fair few short journeys, but by taking it down the M6 once a week keeps the regeneration cycle ticking over. That's what I've found anyway
                  Yeah I think it will be fine. It's a fun car to drive to would think it's out and about a lot

sigpic

Comment

Yeah they seem ok. Shows up as a 2 different sizes for the car
                    Yeah different models have different sizes. Best way to be certain is measure your current discs.
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Just done mine. Euro car parts 35% off. Got Brembos discs and pads all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ds3Andy View Post
                        Just done mine. Euro car parts 35% off. Got Brembos discs and pads all round.
                        Seems the best place to get them at a cheap price. Just need to know what size I need.

sigpic

Comment

The wife's uses it for work 3 times a week and it's about a 15mile round trip. It will get used on weekends for longer trips. Taking it to do a good 600-650 mile this weekend as traveling down south.
                          I'm doing similar, going to Torquay area at the weekend (from York) touring round Devon and Cornwall, will be a photo at Lands End haha. What area you off to?

Comment

Originally posted by gmt234 View Post
                            I'm doing similar, going to Torquay area at the weekend (from York) touring round Devon and Cornwall, will be a photo at Lands End haha. What area you off to?
                            Family wedding. I worked out the actual mileage and it's 288 from Ripon to Gosport. Gosport to book (wedding venue 58mile), back to gosport from hook obviously another 58mile then on Monday night we travel 288 mile home. Going to be a right mission. I'd say I'd like to do it all on 1 tank of fuel but don't think that's happening. lol

sigpic

Comment

Family wedding. I worked out the actual mileage and it's 288 from Ripon to Gosport. Gosport to book (wedding venue 58mile), back to gosport from hook obviously another 58mile then on Monday night we travel 288 mile home. Going to be a right mission. I'd say I'd like to do it all on 1 tank of fuel but don't think that's happening. lol
                              Gosport to HOOK that should say. Not book. Lol

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X