Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably a stupid question but do all ds3s come with footwell and ash tray lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a stupid question but do all ds3s come with footwell and ash tray lights?

Hey

I'm new and only just got my ds3 15plate 1.2 puretech dsign 82bhp. (Well that os what it was advertised as but it seems its a basic model
    Anyways I see a lot of people talking about footwell lights a d ash tray lights but mine don't seem to have any. But I haven't been out in it when it's
    Really dark as yet.

Any help would be great as I would love to have the footwell light especially

Amy

Hi and welcome to the club. I thought all models came with the footwells and centre console compartment lighting. Check again when its dark and switch your lights on and you should easily see them lit up. If they don't, it could be a fuse issue.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks All other dash and button lighting works but i will check tonight when dark where exactly afe the footwell lights could i see them by looking under the dash in the footwell itself? Maybe a bulb has gone or are they led

Again thanks

Comment

Football lights,I havent got them :rolleyes: , not sure either both my ds3 have been full of gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by amycurson19uk View Post
          Thanks All other dash and button lighting works but i will check tonight when dark where exactly afe the footwell lights could i see them by looking under the dash in the footwell itself? Maybe a bulb has gone or are they led

Again thanks
          When you turn the lights on, they are pretty evident, especially in the dark. They are located up behind the trim in the footwells and behind the console above the little centre compartment. The centre one is a pain to get to I believe, as you have to take certain parts of the unit off to get to the bulb.

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
          Football lights,I havent got them :rolleyes: , not sure either both my ds3 have been full of gadgets.
          I wondered what you were on about then Kev. Didn't check the thread title properly until you posted that!!

Comment

They're pretty dim, doubt you'll see the light unless it's fully dark outside. They switch on with the lights as mentioned above, but can be turned off by cycling the display brightness button on the left of the speedometer.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I wondered when someone was going to comment on the 'football' lights in the title i do love predictive text lol.

Thank you everyone for your comments I will go and have a look once I finish work a d it is dark and let you all know how I got on x

Comment

Well I've just turned my lights on as it's dark and all lights come on but seems I have no lights in footwell or ashtray?

Comment

All cars did not come with them.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As Cyclone said, I believe that not all models came with footwell lights etc. I seem to recall that some DStyle models didn't come with it, so it's possible/probable that the DSign models didn't either.
                    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

It may be worth check that your instrument lights are turned up to full too. I can't remember if these affect the lights in question.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

My bad, I assumed wrong. I thought they all came with them. Sorry about that.
                        Last edited by Funky; 17-07-2017, 08:14.

Comment

No worries. Thanks for all your help. I want to pit in footwell lights where.do you think the best place is to run thrm from as I want them to come on with the lights on the dash?

Comment

This thread has some info: LED strips

But not sure if the wires would be there to splice if you don't actually have the original footwell lights. Maybe just piggyback off the fusebox for the headlights, or the 12V socket if you want them on all the time.
                            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I've just read which car and it says they come as standard on all ds3s. Sorry to go on could somebody post a picture of them so I can see what and where I am looking for them preferably in daylight

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X