X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb issues

Hi all.

Apologies if this has been covered...

Has anyone had any issues with a Dsport going though lightbulbs like there's no tomorrow? I've had 3 within a few months. Now in not sure if it's just poor quality (Halfords...) or if it may be something electrical? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers all.

Dstyle plus, not DSport, apologies.

Comment

Is the correct size fuse in the fusebox? Sounds like the lights could be getting too much power and melting the filaments. But if that's the case then you'll keep losing the fuse...

Fuse may just be rusted, causing a bad connection too.

Are the bulbs always blown when you change them?
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Check the voltage across the battery with the engine running. It's just possible that the alternator may be producing too high a voltage.

Comment

Cheers lads. I'll check it out when I get home. The bulbs don't seem as if they have blew, they just don't work at all. I've switched them between headlights too and they still didn't work. I'm wondering if it's the shitty Halfords bulbs to be fair.

Comment

Mine's got a few Halfrauds bulbs in various places and they're all fine.
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Check the connectors for the lamps, if they are loose it can cause a short circuit and blow the bulbs.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
              X