Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change display

Hi,

I’ve got a 2012 dsport, with a Pioneer DEH-X8700BT stereo.

I’ve installed all the appropriate leads so the steering wheel controls and parking sensors still work.

But I can’t change the display anymore (used to do this with the mode button on the old stereo) it’s stuck on the date screen but I’d prefer the range and mpg screen.

Is there a way to do this? I do have diagbox and the lead if it can be done through there

Thanks!
    Last edited by willh123; 29-07-2017, 14:18.

Hey,

Yep I changed my stereo over as well and this is the only downside, once you change over from the original stereo you cant change the display, you need to set it to what you want before with the Citroen stereo and then switch over to the new one. Not a problem if you only ever want it on the MPG screen but need to do it with the Citroen stereo using the mode button like you say.

Comment

Only way is to use the original radio. Or don't they do steering wheel controls that can send commands to the display. I know they do for c2's and they should be the same is the ds3 ones if you have a rt4.

Comment

Ughh, I thiink you can. Somehow. Mark A did it on his and I think Martin and Jenna had the same. But not sure we we figured it out again. I remember trying to solve it at the Expo last year.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Do you mean cycle between date/mpg ave/mpg live etc?

I have installed a Sony head unit and the button on the end of the stalk still cycles them for me.

Problem I have is, ever since I disconnected the battery, the time is wrong and flashing. Need to disconnect/reconnect the battery at midnight one night so at least it is correct

Comment

Thanks for all the replies- yeah it’s the mpg/date/phone screens- although I can access the info with the button at the end of the indicator sticks, it reverts back to the date screen and I can’t work out how to change it permanently other than plugging the old one back in.

It used to be the right one until it went to the garage and they plugged a diagnostic into it which seemed to have reset it back to the default screen

Comment

Yeah I could be wrong but I am fairly sure you can't change it without the old stereo. You can switch between the live and other views on the mpg with the end stalk but can't switch between date and and the trip display itself without the old stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X