Car pulls to one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car pulls to one side

Weird one, it's happened before from when I bought the car but went away after a new set of tyres.

My car drifts ever so slightly to the right and the wheel doesn't sit quite in the middle, it kinda needs holding down on the left side.
    It's not major about town but is really irritating on a longer journey, I'm down for a 400 mile round trip this weekend so I can't be doing with that all the way.
    Tyre pressures seem within tolerance (.1 bar difference between most inflated and least inflated).
    Is this an alignment jobby or something else?
    It seemed to happen after I took my car to my friend's house to clean it (they have a hose..haha) don't know if it's seized a calliper or something to do with the narly speed bumps on that estate and my right foot...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
    Weird one, it's happened before from when I bought the car but went away after a new set of tyres.

My car drifts ever so slightly to the right and the wheel doesn't sit quite in the middle, it kinda needs holding down on the left side.
    It's not major about town but is really irritating on a longer journey, I'm down for a 400 mile round trip this weekend so I can't be doing with that all the way.
    Tyre pressures seem within tolerance (.1 bar difference between most inflated and least inflated).
    Is this an alignment jobby or something else?
    It seemed to happen after I took my car to my friend's house to clean it (they have a hose..haha) don't know if it's seized a calliper or something to do with the narly speed bumps on that estate and my right foot...

Oh and the steering is quite a bit heavier than it was

DStort

Comment

More than likely you have hit the speed bumps too hard and knocked your wheel alignment out. Take it to the garage to get your wheel alignment checked and your tracking and balancing done.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        More than likely you have hit the speed bumps too hard and knocked your wheel alignment out. Take it to the garage to get your wheel alignment checked and your tracking and balancing done.
        I would guess this too. Heavier steering I would say tyre pressures. Steering to one side: alignment tracking or balancing.

If you don't have time to go to the garage I'd definitely check tyre pressures again before leaving on your trip.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

When getting it aligned tell the garage that the steering wheel isn't straight as well - that way they should align it with the wheel in the correct position. In the past mine was aligned with the wheel out and they had to redo it
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll give the garage a call this morning [emoji4]

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              I would guess this too. Heavier steering I would say tyre pressures. Steering to one side: alignment tracking or balancing.

If you don't have time to go to the garage I'd definitely check tyre pressures again before leaving on your trip.
              Got it booked in tomorrow, £25 for wheel alignment... Winner! I'll see you on Saturday for the seats [emoji4]

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                Got it booked in tomorrow, £25 for wheel alignment... Winner! I'll see you on Saturday for the seats
                Awesome
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

And then they add on tracking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure Kev. My Mrs got her Juke tracked and balanced for £24 on Monday. I guess cost varies from garage to garage.
                    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                      And then they add on tracking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      It'd be just my luck, I use them a lot they aren't too bad. I assumed alignment kind of covers tracking though, tracking is just horizontal rotation whereas alignment covers camber too right?

DStort

Comment

I had wear on my tyres cost me £45

Comment

I had a similar problem in a different car (VW Golf) pulling to the right. Turned out my suspension was so soft and at the time I was so heavy... you get the idea.
                          DS3 DSport 1.6 HDi - Sport Red With Perla Nera Black Roof and Mirrors

Comment

My steering pulls to the left since I had the suspension spring done on the left front wheel. The mechanic who did it says the tracking may need doing now a new spring is on but I only had new tyres not long before.

I take it is worth taking it to a garage to sort the alignment?

Comment

Originally posted by robrymond View Post
                              My steering pulls to the left since I had the suspension spring done on the left front wheel. The mechanic who did it says the tracking may need doing now a new spring is on but I only had new tyres not long before.

I take it is worth taking it to a garage to sort the alignment?
                              Yes, otherwise those lovely new tyres will wear unevenly and need replacing faster, costing you more in the long run.
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                              X