Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker arms lose and off valve stem

Hi can any one help
    I have a DS3 1.6 2012 and the problem I have it started misfiring, after removing the rocker cover could see 3 rocker arms of the seat of the valve stem. there does not appear to be valve damage and timing chain is all in tact, I have replaced the lifters thinking they are worn but still I had the same problem the rocker is still to lose and comes off. any ideas to help??? thank you

Which 1.6 engine? There are like 5 for that year and knowing which one it is could help
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I believe the engine is a 1.6 VTi 88kw. engine code EP6C.its a very strange fault as the only thing I could think of is bent valves causing the play between the rocker arm and camshaft, but I could not see how valves could be bent because the timing chain is all correctly in place. I would much appreciate any help on this guys... regards

Comment

I could be completely wrong here but aren't the lifters self-adjusting hydraulic? When the engine is running the clearance is taken up.

The cause of the misfire could be elsewhere - Have you checked for fault codes?
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

I've check the fault code which directed me to misfire and cam sensor failure. But when I took the rocker cover off I discovered on the exhaust side that the rocker arms on number 1 and 4 cyclinders where off and just lying beside the valve spring. I did buy a lifter but still the same . There is to much play between the valve stem and the rocker arm for the arm to stop on.

Comment

Working...
          X