Help!!! New engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! New engine?

Ok so on monday my DS3 Dsport broke down in Derby. I took it to a mechanic and ive just been told today i will need a new engine. I dont know if any of you have had any similar issues and have resolved them without spending a ridiculous amount of money.

So the mechanic told me there has been a Build up of Carbon on my valves which has caused a hot spot on the piston. Something about it burning the piston. Ummm so he quoted me 7600£ including labour for a new engine... or he could scrap my down clean it and try to use a 2nd hand engine to replace parts on the engine already in my car. But he cant promise the car will never have the problem again.

He told me that he is seeing more and more DS3's having the same problem but he was surprised because its the same engine as the mini and they didnt seem to have the same problem.

Please help
    If anyone has anything that could help i would really appreciate it.

Need more info... Is it a 1.6 turbo aka THP ?
    A burned piston is bad but i wouldn't scrap the engine for it. The pistons do pickup some oil residu and look reallynbad sometimes. Could be fixed with new pistons if it really is burned.
    Last edited by V3nn3tj3; 16-08-2017, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by BZYS View Post
      Ok so on monday my DS3 Dsport broke down in Derby. I took it to a mechanic and ive just been told today i will need a new engine. I dont know if any of you have had any similar issues and have resolved them without spending a ridiculous amount of money.

So the mechanic told me there has been a Build up of Carbon on my valves which has caused a hot spot on the piston. Something about it burning the piston. Ummm so he quoted me 7600£ including labour for a new engine... or he could scrap my down clean it and try to use a 2nd hand engine to replace parts on the engine already in my car. But he cant promise the car will never have the problem again.

He told me that he is seeing more and more DS3's having the same problem but he was surprised because its the same engine as the mini and they didnt seem to have the same problem.

Please help
      If anyone has anything that could help i would really appreciate it.
      Same thing happened to mi, due to a faulty temp probe.

I only replaced the worn piston, checked tolerances of valvetrain, complete set of piston rings, new timing chain kit and there you go...

20k miles still runing 0k since that.

Comment

So it is a thp 155. So how much did that cost Andres? Who did it for you?

Comment

Carbon build up eh!? Did you have juddering and loss of power before your DS3 broke down? I don't have a thp myself, but I know from reading this forum that it's a long standing issue and the only successful way to clear it is with a walnut blast from SP Tuning by Jamie. Sounds like It's a bit late for you now though possibly. Is your DS3 driveable? I'm guessing not. If you do a search for both carbon buildup and walnut blast on here you will find lots of threads and advice. I don't know if Jamie can suggest anything further to assist you.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X