Biofuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biofuel

When I get my DS3, HDi 110 Sport I was wondering if I would be able to run it on Biofuel.

There is a Biofuel seller a couple of miles from my house and my brother-in-law runs his old peugeot diesel on it.

Its only £1.05 a litre or thereabouts so considerably cheaper than buying diesel at the pumps. Was thinking of running it with say a tenners worth of pump diesel then filling up with biofuel.

Mind you I'm still four weeks off delivery at earliest so by then it might have gone through the roof like fuel at the pump has

Andrew

You mean used cooking oil? I thought boifuel was petrol mixed with ethnol?

I may be wrong.

I presume any diesel can be run on used cooking oil. Dont know how it would affect your warrenty and whether it would flag up warning light and consume parts.

Comment

i dont know. so many diffrent answers on google.

http://www.citroen.co.uk/our-brand/environment/alternative-energy/biofuels/#/our-brand/environment/alternative-energy/biofuels/

then theres this post

http://www.biodieselinvesting.com/bi...iesel-mission/
      Last edited by Rickzayne; 01-05-2011, 21:48.
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

I ran my old 1.6 hdi unit on a 50/50 mix diesel to cookin oil at the last fuel strikes and she ran fine, never had any probs.
        Team Yellow not White

Comment

Older IDI engines such as the XUD7 and XUD9 found in older Citroen and Peugeot cars would generally be OK on used cooking oil derived products, but the HDI engine is a hell of a lot more sensitive. You could end up destroying your fuel pump, clogging your injectors, clogging the fuel filter etc etc. Also, biofuels perish rubber components in the fuel supply system.

However, from memory, I think Citroen say it's OK to use up to 20% biofuel. All diesel sold at forecourts has 5% biofuel. I certainly would'nt use a fuel from an uncertain origin or a non-reputable supplier without proven quality control checks...there could be allsorts in it, and whilst it may be cheaper to purchase, could end up causing longer term damage to your lovely new car.

Comment

Cheers for the advice, I did find somewhere that Citroen says the newer HDi engines can run on up to 30% biodiesel but I think I'll give it a miss. The local supplier is veryt reputable and I know of a couple of people thatuse it all the time but I dont want to risk ruining the engine just to save a few quid.

From what I've read, you have to use it for a couple of tanks and then get the fuel filter replaced, and then you have to change the oil, oil filter and fuel filter more frequently. I imagine that alone will offset any savings.

I'm hoping to save on fuel costs anyway cos at the moment I drive a Picasso, 1.6 petrol and average 36mpg, hoping to improve on that by at least 50% if not more.

So tired of the waiting now, shouldn't be more than a week or two more :0)

Comment

Working for Citroen We had quite a few people trying to run their vehicles on bio fuel and other various mixes.
              Yes it will run but probably not for long.
              Older engines were great for this as they could cope with the lesser quality or thicker more polluted mix but newer HDI engines have finer more high pressure systems and cannot cope as well.
              The main problem was knacked fuel rails they cost a fortune to replace and they will break.
              Other issues arrise from it also.
              If you were to get a good mix or a weak mix then never use it when it is cold.
              Like the above post says, they do mix it already at the forcourts but this is going back to the quality of fuels thread.

Some fuels are bad quality to start with and putting this stuff into a normal vehicle might be ok for a while but will have long term effects.
              Putting it into a tuned vehicle is probably not wise either as you need the best quality fuel foe an wngne that has been tuned.
              Green Vehicle Solutions

Comment

I think it'll void your warranty as it mentions fuel in the handbook.

Comment

Some handbooks have a warning saying NO BIO DIESEL/FUEL ! and on the fuel filler cap
                  Green Vehicle Solutions

Comment

Well I've finally been given a delivery date, thursday 26th, a week today. I'm so excited and I'm not gonna put the cheap biodiesel in. Forecourt diesel it is then :o)

Comment

The manual says you can run an HDI engine on B30... 30% bio diesel, but it also says if you do that, it counts as "arduous conditions" meaning you need to have it serviced more often. Which makes using B30 pointless because any savings on fuel will be offset by servicing costs!

Comment

Keep up to date the nice deliver the results, I actually learn very few discussions during this webpage plus There's no doubt that that your chosen website site is definitely serious helpful and has now became encircles with brilliant information and facts.Keep up to date the nice deliver the results, I actually learn very few discussions during this webpage plus There's no doubt that that your chosen website site is definitely serious helpful and has now became encircles with brilliant information and facts. childrens book ghostwriting service

Comment

Thank you regarding offering latest revisions about the problem, My partner and i enjoy examine a lot more.

Comment

This is the wonderful content, Cheers pertaining to supplying us this info. Preserve putting up. 레플리카 쇼핑몰

Comment

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! 명품 짝퉁

Comment

Working...
                              X