Split windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split windscreen

Went out to my car the other day after not having driven it for a few days (during a spell of hot weather) to find a massive crack from the bottom of the windscreen snaking upwards across the screen.

At first I thought someone must have lobbed something over the flat's car park wall which had hit my car, but upon closer inspection there is no sign of an impact or stress anywhere on the screen or car otherwise that could have caused it.

I rang Citroen today to ask if they would take a look at it, and only after a lot of persuasion would they even agree to look at it. I understand that stone chips etc aren't covered by warranties, but this to me seems like a manufacturing defect having seemingly just appeared out of nowhere.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know where I would stand with this?
    White/Black
    1.6 THP

I had a cracked screen on my C2 3 years ago. I didn't see any stone chips, but when the Autoglass guy took a look there was a very small chip just under the edge of the rubber strip on the passenger side of the car. I'd have another look at the very bottom of your screen if I were you. Don't know where you stand if there is definitely no sign of any damage other than the crack though.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Yeah I Got This Mate - This Happened To Me Back In December...

Citroen Didn't Wanna Know...

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ndscreen+crack

Comment

Similar unexplained crack happened to my 5yr ols 206. Never thought it as an issue, just paid exess to replace the screen.
        Team Yellow not White

Comment

Thing is, if I'd done it, I'd happily just pay my excess and get on.

But I left my car one evening with the screen looking absolutely fine and then when I next check it a few days later there is a whopping great 10" crack on it (pretty much like the one on your screen Zack). If it had been a stone chip, there's no way it would have done that from just sitting there.

Will have to see how I get on at Citroen next week, not giving up without a fight as I'm convinced it's the glass expanding in the hot weather that's done it, too much of a coincidence I reckon.
          White/Black
          1.6 THP

Comment

Glass expanding, could be, i left my car for 3hours came back and there was a crack, the start of it was out of sight, pretty much where its bonded in
            Team Yellow not White

Comment

They Took 1 Look At Mine...

Said "Ah Its From A Stone Chip" And Walked Off...

There's No Chips Or Damage To The Outer Glass - Its A Clean Cut Crack...

Comment

Thing is they get away with it because we dont have the time or money to prove otherwise, plus i guess it would be nigh impossible
                Team Yellow not White

Comment

In citroens defence if this hasn't been reported by a large number of customers they're unlikely to do it under warrenty.

It would be upto you to provide evidence the fault lies with PSA, not them to prove it wasn't them.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Its something im keeping a close eye on in mine anyway
                    Team Yellow not White

Comment

Working...
                    X