Thp induction tweek (maybe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thp induction tweek (maybe)

I posted with pictures last week stating Is there something missing on my induction intake and the common answer was NO they are all like that :confused:

There is a pipe or link missing from the coldair feed on the right hand side of the engine bay (looking from the front)

The whole thing just does not make any sense ...............cold air feed into hot engine bay and pipe feeding the airbox into the hot engine bay with nothing connecting the two together .......................now are Citroen that stupid or am I missing something here

The way I see it is just fit a 3" dia flexi pipe from the grill and stick inside the airbox feed ................Job Done ......do not fit it too low in the inner wing coz it will suck up water when going through puddles etc.

What are peoples thoughts on this

OR IS THERE SOMETHING MISSING ON THE INDUCTION PIPNG :mad:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

M8 i looked at it and just cryed but am guna fit the flexi to the cold air feed get rid of the cold air in and the one under it and attacth it to the front grill sorted cold air going into the feed will post pic when its done

Comment

Are you 100% sure that the area by the intake is drawing in hot air?

From my experience those areas tend to be fairly ambient when the car is in motion.

Could be worth someone running a test by attaching a min/max thermometer to that intake area and see what the readings say.

Stef
      2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Are you 100% sure that the area by the intake is drawing in hot air?

From my experience those areas tend to be fairly ambient when the car is in motion.

Could be worth someone running a test by attaching a min/max thermometer to that intake area and see what the readings say.

Stef
        I would have thought with the bonnet shut and the turbo creating huge amounts of heat the engine bay gets very hot when driving slowly ........Agreed when moving fast the air must circulate more but as we all know hot air and heatsoak kills turbo performance .

I am not saying L'Frogs get it wrong in the design but it does look strange :confused:I have owned loads of turbocars from 400bhp Evo to a 300 Focus St and loads of uber fast Seats and know that a turbo loves cold air and I would have thought this is no differant .

This is why Forge have developed a new I/C and cold air induction system which increases the bhp by 20-30 without a remap
        But this comes with a heafty price £1200 up

So if by fitting a small piece of flexy pipe and suppling a good cold air input you may get better throttle responce and less of the flatspots when the engine gets hot

Comment

Originally posted by DSL3NNY View Post
          M8 i looked at it and just cryed but am guna fit the flexi to the cold air feed get rid of the cold air in and the one under it and attacth it to the front grill sorted cold air going into the feed will post pic when its done
          Let us know how you get on with the mod including any improvements in throttle response:cool:

Comment

The only thing that worries me about some of these CAI's is placing the filter underneath where there's more potential for drawing damp air and/or the risk of if getting completely saturated.

I ran a K&N Typhoon CAI on my previous car, it was located behind the passenger side headlamp but this area was almost shrouded by heat shields that it came with and it sat directly above the original cold air feed. Whilst it did bugger all for performance, a CAI on a 6.1L V8 sounded bloody fantastic!

This picture shows the older one I had fitted, it was replaced under warranty by K&N when I discovered a bracket was making contact with an oil cooler hose, the newer style had a rubber seal all the way around it which almost formed a heat tight seal around the whole intake area.

..............and just for a bit of fun, this was what 480BHP of American Hemi V8 sounded like! http://www.youtube.com/user/stefanta.../2/jmWL6wkRiGs

Stef
            Last edited by Stef; 22-05-2011, 19:35.
            2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Hi Steff ...............Thanks sounds double hard

there is no way I would place a coldair feed low down anyway ..........I had at one point a APS induction kit on my Evo and this picked up its air from low in the inner wing and guess what ............big rain storm and nearly one fooked up motor never again

But this design looks flawed to me maybe the airfeed just keeps the engine bay cool and the airbox just picks up what air it can ....Lol

Comment

but on my m8s ibiza bocenegra its a standard direct cold air feed striaght to the filter

Comment

Most cars are like this that is why I am confused why L'Frog is not

Comment

As long as the pipe is not narrow in places, like on the bend, it should be fine.

I don't think there will be any noticeable difference with a pipe. If anything you could decrease throttle response as it will take longer for any air to get to the airbox.

I know they are French but I am sure they have thought of this one.

Comment

Because The 2.0 VXR-Derived GSi Engine That Thorney Motorsport Put Into My Astra Created Alot Of Under-Bonnet Heat My Fog Lights Had To Come Out And They Created 2 Cold Air Feeds From The Front Feeding Straight To The Induction Filter...

( Not Sure Where The Passenger Side Scoop Is Lol... Musta Forgot To Put It Back After Cleaning :L )

Last edited by ZACK; 23-05-2011, 09:24. Reason: Forgot Piccy

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                        As long as the pipe is not narrow in places, like on the bend, it should be fine.

I don't think there will be any noticeable difference with a pipe. If anything you could decrease throttle response as it will take longer for any air to get to the airbox.

I know they are French but I am sure they have thought of this one.
                        What I would do is keep the cold air feed supplying air to underbonnet and then run a new pipe to the outside and push inside the feed to the airbox ..............no tight turns or restrictions that way

Comment

I think they made it like this because of the noise of the turbocharger

Comment

Originally posted by shibbi972 View Post
                            I think they made it like this because of the noise of the turbocharger
                            Hmm I think you need to expand on that one ..............The Focus ST had a symposer pipe with fired the engine noise at the bulkhead which gave you the 5 pot growl but by this are they trying to magnify the noise or quieten it ???????????

Comment

did you ever ear the sound of aspiration at the first start ? imagine that sound if the pipe was just in front of the car
                              or they made it like that to avoid too much dirt to go into the airbox :confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X