Sticky accelerator on THP DSport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky accelerator on THP DSport?

I'm putting together a snag list of issues for my dealer to look at - mercifully a much shorter list (so far!) than Remus's, but then mine was a demonstrator, so some of its build problems may already have been attended to.

I just wanted to check whether other petrol DSport owners have noticed a problem with a sticky / obstructive accelerator pedal?

Mine is fine for the first 3/4 of its travel, but when approaching the carpet there's a noticeable physical obstruction / hesitation in the pedal before it travels to the floor, such that you have to consciously increase the pressure on the pedal to get over it. It then feels lumpy and uneven over that same part of its travel when it is released.

It's only noticeable when using full throttle through the gears, but then surely that's the whole point of the DSport?

Is this a characteristic of the car, or is mine just faulty?

That resistance is there on purpose.

If you push the throttle to that point, that gives you 100% throttle response.

The resistance and extra travel is there for when using the speed limiter. It allows you to kick down through the speed limiter when you do want to go faster than your set speed limiter value.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

I was told the throttle is fly by wire....No wires !!!.

Comment

Here we go straight from the manual

Exceeding the programmed speed
        Pressing the accelerator pedal to exceed the programmed speed will not have
        any effect unless you press the pedal firmly past the p oint of resistance .
        The speed limiter is deactivated temporarily and the programmed speed,
        which is still displayed, flashes.

Regards
        Steve

Comment

Cheers guys - I guess there's no point in me trying to mash the pedal through the Axminster, then!

Showing my age, I guess. No accelerator cable? Shock, horror! I still remember the delight, many years ago, in discovering that by removing the sodden, mouldy carpet from under the accelerator pedal of my MGB, I could get a bit more travel on the pedal, and thus a bit more fuel into the twin SU's, which made it go just a teeny bit quicker (or so it seemed to a petrol-headed 19-year old!).

And they say nostalgia ain't wot it used to be...

Comment

its called the hardspot switch, used to for speed limiter and cruise control overide

the pedal is defo fly by wire

Comment

well thats one of my queries answered..... don't you love bringing threads back from the dead?!
              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Lol
                Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Working...
                X