Roof Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Bars

Well I just bought a set of roof bars today and after the initial shock of the price, and the comment from the guy behind the parts desk "you will be our giunepig for these, we have never ordered these before for a DS3" they actually fitted quite easy.

The only down side is I now have 2 black stripes down my 'white' roof because they only supply the replacement plastic strips in black that have the holes in for the bars to pass through.

Steve

Any chance of a pic, Steve?

Comment

Well it's only taken a few months, but here are pictures of the roof bars fitted

This is the black strip that replaces the colour co-ordinated strip

These are the little covers in the strip that have to be opened

These are the pegs that the roof bars lock onto

Fit the bar with the lever in the open position

Lock the lever

Then fit the cover

Three more times and your done

Simples.....

Comment

Maybe you should get a set of black stripes (as in the White edition) to complement your black replacement strips

Comment

How Much Were They Steve ?...

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
            Maybe you should get a set of black stripes (as in the White edition) to complement your black replacement strips
            You could get a really cool barcode-type design on there if you got some additional black stripes of different widths to go across the roof.

Just a thought...

Thanks for posting up the pics, Steve - very helpful.

Comment

They dont look to bad aye, look quite high up though. or is that just the angle?

Comment

No they dont sit that higher that any other roof bars I have had, just enough room to get the clamps under for the bike racks without scatching the roof, just an optical illusion.

Comment

Horray final found some pics!. Collect my DSPORT + on saturday and its been a nightmare trying to find out what these roof bars & fixings are like.............the dealer didnt have a clue (rather worrying!). Its a shame thule dont do a kit so I could reuse the bars off the old car, especially when they do them for the DS4 & 5.
                  DS3 DSPORT + WHITE/BLACK

Comment

Working...
                  X