Squeaky drivers seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky drivers seat

Anyone else got a squeaky drivers seat? Any ideas on a fix?

Yep, I've got this too - more of a creak than a squeak, in my case. It seems to be coming from inside the seat itself - the runners seem to be squeak- and creak-free.

Maybe it's a built-in feature designed to aggravate all owners called Gareth?!!

Comment

My seat doesnt (unless i move about in it myself alot ie bounce up and down) but something behind my right ear does! i wonder if we can find any other random correlations between cars and people!
      '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
      '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
      'We do what we must, because we can.'
      Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Maybe I should go and bounce around in my drivers seat and see what squeaks

Comment

Drivers seat squeak? Got that but only if I have the seat as low as it will go.

I pump the seat down to the bottom then half a pump back up gets rid of it.

My dealer is going to take a look when it next goes in.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys! Haha! Must be something to do with Gareths! I have my seat all the way down, I'm 6'2. And am 14.5 stone. No bouncing on seat required.

I will try half a notch up on the height to see if that cures it.

I also have rattling b pillars and door cards. Sounds like the electric window switches fittings are vibrating.

Gotta love the french's idea of a premium car!

Comment

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem, mine has developed the same problem and it's starting to drive me crazy!!!

Cheers

Comment

mine has always had the squeak, you'll find that if you tighten your setbelt it stops.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought my seat was squeaking but I now think it's coming from the angular movement at the base of the seat belt clip. Must try and find the WD40.

Comment

Never did find out what's causing mine. It comes & goes. I just turn the radio up.

Comment

Originally posted by db3 View Post
                      I thought my seat was squeaking but I now think it's coming from the angular movement at the base of the seat belt clip. Must try and find the WD40.
                      this is where mine was, WD40 fixed it right away
                      sigpic

Comment

Just to say, it was my seat belt buckle base!

Comment

FOR FOOOOOOK SAKE..........mines started this aswell, is it not kinda strange that so many people are getting this?! nothing major, i know but bloody head wrecking.
                          Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

A careful squirt of WD40 on the seat belt buckle base should cure it.

Comment

On that rare occasion when I let my husband drive it - it squeaks, but he has it on the lowest setting as he's taller - I have it higher and it doesn't squeak!!

It sounds a bit gravity/weight related to me as it only does it when its set to the lowest position!!

Comment

Working...
                              X