Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Brake Pedal

:confused: Hi All,
    My missus has just got her new DSport diesel and is worried about sideways movement that she can feel when applying what I gather is light braking pressure. I've looked at the interior linkages and the aluminium pedal does indeed to have quite a bit of sideways sloppiness to the right (accelerator) direction. The forward-most link is a pined yoke (clevis) arrangement where the centre piece has quite a bit of a gap to each side of the yoke/clevis. Has anyone else noticed this or can offer comment? The car is going to be looked at by a local stealer next week but initial comments from them suggest the 'play' is normal - still think it's odd if it can be detected when driving and Citroen and othermake brake faults seem to be cropping up a plenty right now. Comments appreciated with interest.

Can you get some pics of it up so we can see what you're referring to bud?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Car is with missus at work now - but I'll try to get a decent pic when she gets back here.

Comment

My cars pedal is the same and it has caused no problems what so ever. I asked the dealer about it too when it was new and they said it was ok. The DS3 in the showroom also had a brake pedal with some lateral movement.

Comment

Originally posted by X_DrN View Post
          My cars pedal is the same and it has caused no problems what so ever. I asked the dealer about it too when it was new and they said it was ok. The DS3 in the showroom also had a brake pedal with some lateral movement.
          OK X_DrN thanks for that - we'll see that they tell wify next week. The slack yoke and pin joint is not that well engineered by the look of it and is most probably to blame.

Comment

I like a spirited drive and have never felt any noticeable lateral movement of the brake pedal when on a hoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Can you get some pics of it up so we can see what you're referring to bud?
              Sorry for my slow response but here's a picture of the brake pedal joint arrangement that appears mainly responsible for the sideways pedal movement that seems a feature of the DS3. You can see the peened pin and slackness in this joint. I've measured this on our DSport and it's exactly 5mm towards the throttle pedal. Not massive, but feels more when driving and probably worse because the whole assembly is lightweight compared to that in some other vehicles. Our car has now been examined by a local Citroen dealer and deemed OK - so I guess that's it for now... That is, except for that annoying rattle behind the dashboard, left hand side!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tuckered View Post
                :confused: Hi All,
                My missus has just got her new DSport diesel and is worried about sideways movement that she can feel when applying what I gather is light braking pressure. I've looked at the interior linkages and the aluminium pedal does indeed to have quite a bit of sideways sloppiness to the right (accelerator) direction. The forward-most link is a pined yoke (clevis) arrangement where the centre piece has quite a bit of a gap to each side of the yoke/clevis. Has anyone else noticed this or can offer comment? The car is going to be looked at by a local stealer next week but initial comments from them suggest the Minesweeper 'play' is normal - still think it's odd if it can be detected when driving and Citroen and othermake brake faults seem to be cropping up a plenty right now. Comments appreciated with interest.
                You should share more details so people can visualize the problem you are having!

Comment

Every paragraph reflects your meticulous research and attention to detail. Venom 2 Tom Hardy Leather Jacket I appreciate how you effortlessly simplify complex ideas into information that readers from all backgrounds can understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X