intemittent judder 110hdi dsport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intemittent judder 110hdi dsport

anyone else got a judder when hitting the throttle in third gear feels like a miss fire or is it just me

I have the HDi90 and can't say as I've noticed anything like this, BUT you could be a bit more specific about the circumstances when you get this, ie from what speed/revs and what road conditions (up hill, on the flat?).
    I have experienced a sort of "hunting" when coasting, ie when the engine isn't being loaded, but that may well be something to do with the remap.

Comment

Originally posted by jps74 View Post
      anyone else got a judder when hitting the throttle in third gear feels like a miss fire or is it just me
      Change Down...

Comment

Maybe my driving style still trying to get used to loosing 40bhp had fiat multijet 150bhp before!

Comment

I sometimes get the same in my 110 hdi dsport when getting back on the throttle in the same gear. Only happens now & again & I think it only happens when driving gently, rather than going for it so it might be a part throttle/low load glitch.
          It's never bothered me to the point of concern (but then it is a company car, not one bought with my own hard earned)
          7 months old, 25635 miles, 2nd service Monday.

Comment

Iv got the 90 and I sometimes get that problem but in 5th at about 50mph (fuel saving plan :P) and on flat roads. Iv just booked mine in today for some warranty work to be done and have mentioned it so maybe I might be able to shed some light after its been looked at.

:O 25635 miles after 7 months.. Iv had mine for 7 months and thought it was bad that I was getting close to 9000 lol
            Team Red.. Snap Off - Because Its French..
            2009 - 2010 - Slammed Renault Clio
            2010 - Present - Citroen DS3 DStyle 1.6 HDi 90

Comment

I have noticed the both engines seem to judder maybe like you describe when in too high a gear, sounds a little obvious but I have noticed it more on the ds3 then other vehicles with the same engine, tuned ones seem to cope a little better due to the increase in torque though.
              Maybe this is something different all together???
              Green Vehicle Solutions

Comment

ours as well , but its always shortly after pulling away from cold, and at a particular corner in 2nd just easing back on to the throttle 110 hdi

Comment

seems to be a quirk of the car then i wont worry about it too much doesnt bother me that much just need to put me foot down a bit more!

Comment

my 110 dsport does this quite a lot, usually as it nearly up to temperature it seems. Quite annoying on country lanes! Anyone ever get a solution or diagnosis?

Comment

Is it a mechanical 'judder' you feel or a hesitation?

My last car had a software glitch that made it intermittently hesitate when accelerating. Annoying but nothing went wrong during the 26k miles I drove the car and experienced this.

I'll credit you with a little more sense than suggesting changing down

Comment

I'd keep a note of when this happens, particular gears, speed ranges, rpm etc and then discuss it with your dealer
                        sigpic

Comment

happens to mine all the time should i contact the dealership
                          Take nothing but photos leave nothing but footprints

Nikon d300s
                          Nikon 1

Comment

It's up to you really, personally speaking I'd want it checked out if it was my car.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Take it in- wont be the same as the petrol issues I would have thought
                              Something clogging, or not free flowing somewhere.
                              A pump/ DPF/ Filter, anything long those lines I reckon
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X