Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard Lights

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to disable the automatic Hazards that come on under hard breaking?! They really p*ss me off!!!!

How often are you braking like that in order to set them off??

They are part of the EBA system are come on as a warning to the guy behind you to alert them to the fact you are braking in an emergency and to take action. If you are setting them off on a day to day basis then I would suggest that you need to look at your driving.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Its a safety feature that comes into play with the EBA system.....the idea is to warn people behind you that you've had to do and emergency stop

Comment

Fair point about driving habits. Its not something i tend to do on a day to day basis. Just when i am driving home late at night with no one else around. It mainly tends to be at roundabouts.... I cant excuse it... just wondered if it was possible that's all. Thanks.

Comment

Lol! Odd hobby!

I don't think there any way to disable the flash without turning off the entire system, but as it's linked to the ABS as well you would have to rip it all out!

Comment

I think one of the guys who bought a lexia tool mentioned he seen the option on lexia and was going to turn the feature on... Not realising it was already turned on. So perhaps it can be disabled in Lexia, but I wouldn't recommend it... To a certain extent it's the same as disabling your brake lights. They're there to show someone else you're slowing down rapidly so they can take action. Although at the moment they're only coming on when you're not around other cars, there probably will be a time where you'll have to brake harsh when there are other cars around

Comment

Does it not also trigger EBA with the hazards?....which caught me out a time or two with my C2 VTS.

That's a real pain when it happens just as you're judging your slotting in after an ambitious overtake - (yeah some of are getting old but I did manage 5th fastest out of 60 or so around Oulton Park in a Renaultsport Clio at a corporate day a couple of years ago)

Can't say I've got anywhere near it with the DS being more refined and such......and having aged a few more years.
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Dan AJ View Post
                Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to disable the automatic Hazards that come on under hard breaking?! They really p*ss me off!!!!
                Just stuck a new set of wheels and boots on the DS and thought better ensure braking works fine

They did- and NO I didnt know the hazards came on when heavily braking- first time Ive noticed in nigh on 9000 miles

Even slightly more interesting- have you noticed that the spacing rate between the hazards (How fast they blink) actually
                gets quicker depending how fast the decelaration is?

Wonder what happens when you hit a tree? - do they not blink at all? (And I do not wish to find out by being in the vehicle thanks!)

CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

didnt even know it did this??

Comment

I only found out after some hard breaking on the way to somerset, was most confused, and they where blinking fast, so must have really slammed them on.

This did happen to me a few times in Wales racing after Arlow in his racing, his stopping distance is better ¬ ¬
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

i didn't know it did it either, that is until some dipshit wee prick with his fake tan and straightened hair pulled out infront of me in his horrible cream cooper a couple of weeks ago. should have just emptied him come to think of it.....
                      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Do you hear it and the hazard button flash? And do you have to be going at a fast speed??

Comment

For any of you curious to know what this thread is about what to do is go for a wee drive and find a nice quiet stretch of road, speed up to about 40 and then stand on the brakes. You should feel the ABS kick in (rumble through the pedal) and the EBA hazard flash should also kick in, by doing this you won't get a surprise in a real emergency.

Last edited by Bigfeet; 03-05-2012, 10:00.

Comment

Good advice, I was a little surprised the first time I set this off, the car will stop much quicker than you would expect.

Bonus points if you take a passenger.

Comment

Working...
                            X