No announcement yet.

Parking sensors unreliable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roger willdo ZACK as i suspected the fuse also protects the instrument panel and the multifunction display so not an option. Tried the getting someone behind with a finger or hand and that was inconclusive as the damn system seems to work in the warmer temps. So will give the dealer the puzzle. OK Bigfeet76 job fo 2 mo ro
    Last edited by royal bazzar; 13-07-2011, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
      Hey everyone!!!

Rick has stopped being a rebel and joined the establishment at last!

Jimbob
      -.- be gone
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

Hi, I've had my DS3 nearly three days and am finding the sensors quite 'interesting' - I understand why the OP would find his situation annoying and I hope the dealer sorts it for you (use your warranty even if it's a pain getting there, one things for sure, they won't be calling you offering to do 'free work' once thw warranty is over, so I'd just use it! :-) ).

I lucky to have a reasonably sized drive and can comfortably get my two cars alongside each other. In order to discourage people from opening the passenger door with the potential of it hitting the hedge I'm parked alongside (even more likely now with the DS3 being two door and therefore having longer doors), I park quite close to the hedge. The parking sensors start to go mad as I get near it and the display (Sport Plus model) shows a picture of the car as well as the fact the rear left side sensor is where the obstacle is - I suspect the sensors have a 90 degree angle they cover? So the ones on the edge pick up obstacles in close proximity to the side of the car?

Personally though I still use my mirrors,whether the sensors are spot on or not, I'm not going to get any compensation if I hit something for relying on them!

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

its booked in for the 6th august so we will see. agree with you Clive i like the display and when working they are good addition,

Comment

Well I am siting at the Dealers with she who must be obeyed, she was not impressed at the early start on a Saturday, we will see what they come up with. I suspect it will be all fixed or a sensor will be duff which will have to be ordered and I will spend more time watching their TV. At least they have decent coffee on offer for free.

Comment

I have the sensors didnt realy want them and thought they were useless but now ive got them they are well worth having I was reversing back last week on a street and there was a small bollard in the side of the road which i couldnt see and my parking sensors alerted me if i didnt have them i would of been out a few dollar!! ha
              Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Well they took all the sensors out cleaned them disconnected all the connectors in the boot and checked cleaned them as well. put it all back together while we watched TV and had as much free coffee and other drinks as we wished. It took an hour fair do,s Everything seems to be working as it should now but maybe its one of those things that need regular maitainence. I was impressed with the free health check they gave the car including the fact my fronts are down to 3mm ouch. only had it 3 weeks I said, she looked puzzled well it was second hand, she looked relieved. gues I will be in for some new rubber before the year is out. They say" You cant get better than a Kwick Fit Fitter" any comments welcome.
                Anyway my local dealr is John Grose Ipswich just incase there are other local DS 3 chaps watching this. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                X