Bluetooth Dropping phone recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth Dropping phone recognition

Have succesfully registered both HTC Desire and HTC Wildfire S to the MyWay Satnav. When you enter the car with blue tooth enabled on the phone the MyWay picks it up and all is fine. Few miles in either phone (only one phone in the car) will then drop out and the MyWay will then refuse to connect again, saying not recognised. Any ideas?

Is there a setting on the phone about the bluetooth visibility? i think theres something in there where you can set it to be active for different periods of time like you can set it to be always active or disconnect after 10 mins or something like that??
    Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Pete thanks,

Checked the Desire and it only allows to be discovered for 120 seconds, there does not appear to be any change to this in settings or advanced settings. What is confusing is that the phone never drops out in our other car an Audi A4.

Comment

Pete thanks,

Checked the Desire and it only allows to be discovered for 120 seconds, there does not appear to be any change to this in settings or advanced settings. What is confusing is that the phone never drops out in our other car an Audi A4. The Desire shows 'Citroen Paired but not connected' when away from the car.

Comment

well, thats all i got for you lol, some of the more technical guys on here might have something more for you though!
          Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Hmmm... This sounds more like a software issue rather then an equipment fault.

My wife has a HTC desire and it connects with no drama too the bluetooth in our DS3. The hard thing here is that we are unable to see the settings on your phone. What I would suggest is to 'hard' reset your car, pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. This will reset the on board systems, you need to reset the clocks and dials I'm afraid but this may sort out your problem as well.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
            X