No announcement yet.

Removing the gear knob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be some info here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....made-gear-knob
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks I will let you know how I get on

Comment

Bought a replacement gear knob for my DS3, but of course I can't remove the old one despite the instructions on here. Will have to visit the Citroen dealer next time I'm near one, which ain't often.

Bought the Moondust silver knob, but it's way darker than the picture on the net, and can hardly even see the gear placement illustration on the top. Wanted to be reminded where reverse is!

On a side note, I'm having incredible trouble finding first gear straight from reverse. I'm putting the stick back to what feels like and should neutral, moving the stick forward and to the left for first gear, pressing the accelerator, and the car reverses.

I take it this isn't normal?

Comment

Mine just yanked off, is yours 5/6 speed mines 6 I think 5 may be different

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            6 speed: reverse is up and left (pulling the switch up to get in gear). 5 speed: reverse is down and right (no switch).
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

6 speed. It's the DSport Plus.

As for my gear box issues, I've no problem getting in to reverse. It seems that when I take the stick out of reverse and get it back to what should be neutral, it's not disengaging reverse when I go in to 1st. Assuming, I've moved the stick far enough back to neutral to disengage reverse, even if I'm then missing 1st gear when I move the stick forward, I shouldn't then be able to even mistakenly get back in to reverse without pulling up the plastic rim under the knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bear View Post
                6 speed. It's the DSport Plus.

As for my gear box issues, I've no problem getting in to reverse. It seems that when I take the stick out of reverse and get it back to what should be neutral, it's not disengaging reverse when I go in to 1st. Assuming, I've moved the stick far enough back to neutral to disengage reverse, even if I'm then missing 1st gear when I move the stick forward, I shouldn't then be able to even mistakenly get back in to reverse without pulling up the plastic rim under the knob.
                Silly question, you are letting go of the switch right? Or it could be that the spring is dodgy and not closing the gate to reverse, causing you to go back into reverse gear when trying for first?
                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Had a similar thing when I changed mine a spring dislodged and the lifter wouldn't return when coming out off reverse, so had to manually return lifter popped into dealer waste of time said no spring in that mechanism, so just got used to it.

Comment

Pull up the shift boot and look to make sure the lockout is functioning correctly. At the bottom of the piece you pull up to get to reverse is a plastic piece that hits a raised metal area on the shifter housing. When you pull up it then clears the raised metal part allowing you to move the gear lever farther to the left and when you move back it should spring back down to the locked out position. If that if functioning correctly the would say the shift cables need to be adjusted.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Had a similar thing when I changed mine a spring dislodged and the lifter wouldn't return when coming out off reverse, so had to manually return lifter popped into dealer waste of time said no spring in that mechanism, so just got used to it.
                      Thanks, Kev. At least I'm not the only one. My main concern is hitting something behind me when I think I'm about to move forward, so I think I might have to take the car back to the dealer. Got 3 months warranty on it, so will be worth the hassle.

Beef. . .yes, I'm letting go of the plastic switch.

Comment

Just took the car for a drive and have been unable to replicate the reversing problem.

What I do seem to be getting repeatedly is a loud mechanical cluncking noise from being the driver's seat when I first drive the car after starting the engine from cold.

Any ideas?

Comment

Re my above post, the same issue has been noted on here by other owners. It seems to be a common issue to do with the brakes and pads sticking together when the car's been parked for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bear View Post
                            Thanks, Kev. At least I'm not the only one. My main concern is hitting something behind me when I think I'm about to move forward, so I think I might have to take the car back to the dealer. Got 3 months warranty on it, so will be worth the hassle.

Beef. . .yes, I'm letting go of the plastic switch.
                            the reversing bleep saved me a couple of times

Comment

Further to the loud cluncking I get in 1st gear when moving off from cold, I'm returning the car to the dealer next month for it to be looked at. Not happy with the noise, and I'm not convinced it's the brake pads.

Comment

Visted my nearest main dealer today while I was in the area . .not a short drive. Anyway, a nice man from the service dept pulled my knob off for me and put my new one on, so I've now got a nice shiny knob, and I'm a very happy bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X