Ehdi slight hesitation on gearchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehdi slight hesitation on gearchange

I'm not sure if this is just mine or if this is common, have around 2500 mls on the clock and have noticed that from new, if heavy (ish) on the throttle prior to changing up there is a noticeable flat spot before the power comes in. Normally happens when changing up at 2500-3000 rpm. Taking the rpm slightly higher before the change, or driving very gently seems to stop it from happening but I naturally seem to fall back to this point when driving uphill etc and not really thinking about it.
    It's getting a bit annoying. Have the rest of you found this with the 90bhp diesels or is this just mine? Would appreciate your feedback!

In my 110 Diesel this is about the 1800rpm mark in which the power kicks in. I believe it's just turbo lag so perfectly normal, you get use to it after a while
    DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

At 2500 RPM the turbo should be spinning, is more likely to be normal to that engine as the tunning and gearbox has be altered for low emissions from the first version of the DStyle. The original 99G was the same as the engine was tunned for being more green than sports.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for your responses, may well be something I just need to get used to, it is around the same value because the gearchange up means it drops straight down to circa 1800rpm and that is where it happens. It seems to like being driven at fairly low revs all the time or really being opened up in all gears so the turbo is spinning all the time, and less keen on being driven in the mid range.

Comment

Working...
        X