£12 for Coutesy Car normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £12 for Coutesy Car normal?

So I needed to book my first service, they said they wouldnt put on any software updates so more really just a check over and fluid check. Then they asked would I like a car I said yes as they want it for half a day they said that would be £12 how would you like to pay...

Is this normal now? From Ford, VW Ive had no problems with a free car just top up the fuel, sometimes sign an insurance form for liability. Maybe its just this dealer, for now I have said I will wait for it so will waste some time nearby whilst they do it, but seems bit daft.

With both my Citroen dealer & the previous Alfa dealer I've had to pay for courtesy car insurance. Check with your insurance company as they may give you cheaper cover.

Comment

I've never paid for a Courtesy Car yet but all the work has been under warrantee not just a service...

Comment

hmm ford just gave me a fezza for the day and didnt say anything about charges?
        Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
        Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Peugeot never charged me before, but my insurance charged £6 to add the car on for 24hours

Comment

I had to pay £20 to add a courtesy car to my insurance for 5 days as a temporary addon, but no charge for the car itself
            Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

Comment

I got charged £15 about a year ago for a courtesy car for a day. Can't remember what it was that I took my car in for but it would've been under warranty.
              My mum gets courtesy cars from Honda and my dad from Merc for free. :-/
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Meh, they tried this with me to when I had to take my car in for something they'd forgot to sort, I didn't pay it. Never got called back from them about it so assumed that was fine.

Comment

Just got one today, all free inc insurance. Can't complain with that, was a C1 though....
                  DSport HDi 110 in Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black

Comment

My dealer will charge when my car is in for servicing but not when in for warranty work.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                    X