Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown my centre speaker on the dash

Hey all,

Anyone know how to change the centre speaker on te hifi system?

Stef, luckily, got his done by Citroen for free!

I recall him saying he told them it had blown cos he had to turn the music so loud because of rattles! :P

Comment

Lmfao! Ledge.

Comment

I've Blew Mine Months Ago,

Will They Fix It Free Of Charge ?

Comment

Anyone any idea how to get it out with out damaging anything. I am just going to fling a better one in there if I can.

Comment

Got it out! Dont think its going to be easy to find a replacement, might just get an oem one again.

Comment

Is this a common problem? Mine started rattling driving home yesterday. Had the music up loud whilst parked up camping but not the max volume. Has stopped all of a sudden. Could just have been the song i was listening too resonating or maybe it's stopped completely, not tested yet. I have expensive speakers i use for work and have them at max volume for hours. They survive nicely. You'd think the expensive "hifi system" should take turning upto 11!

Comment

You would have thought. Not sure if Citroen know what a premium sound system is to be honest. The old branded systems where shite too.

I think it might have blown due to high frequencies not bass.

Comment

If Im Honest I Think It's Quite Good Sound For A Standard Car System

Comment

It's alright. It sounds like a normal car system with a small sub, which it is.

Comment

I would have thought anything that breaks like this would be replaced under warranty!?

Comment

I wasn't sure if mine was blown or it's just that it's just not big enough to carry out the job and distorts way before the others. I've also thought it was maybe the music that I was playing, but after reading this thread, it's going back because it was like that from new.

Thanks.

Comment

Mine was replaced under warranty. I think at some point though I may look to replace all of the speakers.

Stef
                          2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

A word of advice here would be not to turn the stereo up full straight away, the speakers themselves do need time to bed in correctly and if you 'crank it up' from day one then the speakers will not sound their best or indeed fail.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Can someone maybe take a piccie from the original center speaker..? I could really use a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X