ESP/ASR Problem - 1.6HDi 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASR Problem - 1.6HDi 90

I had my DS3 1.6 HDi 90 remapped and have since had issues on an intermittant basis with the ESP/ASR on the car. It tends to happen when the engine is under load at a speed in the region of 40-50mph, I will get a beep and a message comes up on the multi-function screen saying something like "ESP/ASR failure - repair needed" and the engine will immediately go into limp mode. Each time this has happened I managed to come to a stop in a matter of seconds and turn the engine off. I have then restarted and carried on with full power restored. This has tended to happen on an intermittant basis, for example it will happen twice in a day then not at all in the next few days. I have consulted the company that mapped it but the diagnostics are not giving any firm clues as to why this is happening. I was just wanting to know if anyone else has encountered anything similar and if there are any possible solutions for this problem.

Which Company Mapped It ?

Comment

Shark Performance in Mansfield mapped it, don't know the origin of the map though, will try to find out.

Comment

Sounds Dodgy...

Are They A Viezu Dealer ?

I Don't Recall Any of The Viezu Remapped 90's Having This ?

Comment

My remapped 90 hasn't given any hassle at all and I think they pushed the map about as far as they could.

Comment

Wouldnt it be easier to ask them to take the remap back off? If the problem then stops, you know it was the remap and maybe get your money back. I wouldnt drive around hoping it didnt happen, id get it removed instantly.
            2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Originally posted by HarroDS3 View Post
              Wouldnt it be easier to ask them to take the remap back off? If the problem then stops, you know it was the remap and maybe get your money back. I wouldnt drive around hoping it didnt happen, id get it removed instantly.
              Yeah, thats what i'm going to do, just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else.

Comment

Working...
              X