X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Issues

Guys,

has anyone else had similar issues?

This morning I got in as usual, started up, realised I forgot something only to find I could not get out of the car, neither door handle works. I had to open the window to use the outer handle, now the window has stopped working on the drivers side too! The radio is also randomly changing volume.

Went to the garage, it appears the 'black box of gubbins' (the correct technical term methinks) that controls all the servos and electronic is shot after 31k miles and 15 months, Citroen are deciding whether this is a warranty issue to allow a new part to be fitted. Goes in Monday if the parts arrive.

Very strange symptoms, glad I wasn't at the McDonalds drive through!

Ooops, no I've not had anything similar, if anything has had a 'moment' I've just restarted the the whole car and is ok.

I've only done 18170 miles and 14 months so not near your figure/useage.

Hope you get it sorted!!!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by linstan3 View Post
      Went to the garage, it appears the 'black box of gubbins' (the correct technical term methinks) that controls all the servos and electronic is shot after 31k miles and 15 months, Citroen are deciding whether this is a warranty issue to allow a new part to be fitted.
      surely it would be covered under warranty, whats to decide?!
      Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Petewete View Post
        surely it would be covered under warranty, whats to decide?!
        This!
        63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
        X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
        12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
        61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
        60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
        02 RenaultSport Clio 172
        04 RenaultSport Clio 182
        51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Blimey, it's got even worse now.....................

was out visiting customers today when I actually had to phone one from outside to come and let me out of my car cos both windows and doors wouldn't open. Quite a scary feeling being locked in your car. Then the handsfree failed and the radio went a bit loopy and loud, then, 10 minutes later the drivers door opened and so did the passenger window.

called the dealer, sorry no loan cars available so you'll have to manage till it's booked in, its not really dangerous is it, being locked in your car?????? This is the last time they will ever touch my car.

Comment

Not sure I'd want to use it in that condition. There are circumstances where it could be extremely hazardous.

And presumably there's a risk that you might find yourself out & about, and unable to lock the car or to close the windows? Handy for nipping to the shops, that!

Comment

It's a company car so if someone nicks it I'm covered, it will be a bugger if I can get out at the off licence though!!

Comment

Sounds like it's McD's drive-thru's for you for the time being, mate!

Comment

What happens if you drive into a lake (not saying you will, but). Your ******.
                  DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

They missed your point when you told em that your doors wouldn't open, so you had to get out of the window.. "Ok, let's weld his windows shut for good".

Comment

Oi Finland, you must know my boss!!

Comment

well the dealer has redeeemed themselves. The new part won't be here for a week so they're giving me a loan car till it's fixed

happy now

Comment

Working...
                        X